WnSoft Forums

A photo album draft

Tonton Bruno

This is a very beautiful album. Excellent made flipping effect and page thickness. Bravo!
I have a small suggestion to add some shadows. I think that with shadows your album will become more realistic.
I added some shadows to Photoshop and showed where. In the middle of the book. Under the flipped page. And under the photo mounts.

And I think that it would be better to slightly increase the speed of appearance of photos on the last 2 pages.
It will be a beautiful style!

Best regards,

Aleina

20200610135707.jpg

Hi Tonton Bruno

Very good.

Reviewing the first album I made, at the beginning of 2013, at that time it seemed like a great achievement and now it looks so primitive, but it is a good  remembrance :).

MUR

I can't post it, because is 21M size

Bruno, may I ask you a technical question? Is your album in 1 slide? Or is it a few slides? I want to make my album in 1 slide. But now I have constant problems with this. Those sheets that must first be on top (the right side of the album) should overlap (be on the bottom) to the left after turning over. How can this be better organized? Maybe it makes sense to use a mask? But I can’t imagine how. Or duplicate pages, use duplicates, changing their visibility?

That’s a complicated subject this single slide VS multiple slides. There are pros and cons for both methods.

In my experience, I find it easier to use multiple slides. But even in this case, I have to create « transparent » duplicates. By example for the book opening sequence which was in my case a real headlock !
I am sure you will find a way. And if I can help you, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Hi Aleina.

My album is in multiple slides.

Livre-3.thumb.jpg.62417828d03a9f89c77208b2558c96a1.jpg

It is almost achieved but I have some work to adjust bindings.

It is possible to make something similar with only one slide, but you have to separate odd and even pages and synchronise their movements.

You will find here attached a project made in 2011with only one slide.

http://bga.cga.free.fr/Poste/2001_Janvier/LIVRE_MULTIPAGES_Goya.zip

thedom, Tonton Bruno

Thank you for sharing your experience! For me it is very valuable.

10 hours ago, thedom said:

In my experience, I find it easier to use multiple slides.

1 hour ago, Tonton Bruno said:

My album is in multiple slides.

Initially, I also proceeded from this position, I think it is easier to do. 

But even in this case, I have to create « transparent » duplicates.

My task is to make the work as easy as possible for those who will use my project in their work. I would not want them to repeat editing in duplicates. Creating a style helps when changing photos. But this does not help if there is more than one text area. And I have 4 texts + 4 duplicates on each slide. A way to make non-editable images non-clickable for quickly finding the right layers, it works 90%. For example, you have a photograph on one side of the sheet, it is large, stands out when you click the mouse, and on the other side of the sheet is a small text. And it is already impossible to select it with the mouse, since it is in the field of action of the photograph.
If the method of doing all the work on one slide also contains duplicates, this enterprise will not make sense. But most likely it will be so.

1 hour ago, Tonton Bruno said:

You will find here attached a project made in 2011with only one slide.

http://bga.cga.free.fr/Poste/2001_Janvier/LIVRE_MULTIPAGES_Goya.zip

Thank you very much, this is a very interesting way! It’s not very clear to me how such sorting of layers “by depth” works, but I will definitely try it! The main thing is that this is a working method!

And if I can help you, don’t hesitate to contact me.

I am very grateful to you!

After a fast checking, my model is feasible in only one slide.
I'll work on it but it will take several days more, maybe one week because it is not my priority.

Aleina, in my future one slide model there are duplicated frames, but each photo and each texte is unique and selectable with the mouse.

I plan to share my work (not only the style, but the initail project) in about one week.

I can also send you my project as it is if you can't wait, because I noticed you work better and faster than me !

Bruno, you are well versed in the technical aspects of the program! Thank you very much for your help!

2 hours ago, Tonton Bruno said:

I can also send you my project as it is

You are very kind! I thank you for your help! I’m very interested to see which way you go in creating the album.

Best regards,

Aleina

6 hours ago, Tonton Bruno said:

This is the draft for the monoslide version.

http://bga.cga.free.fr/Poste/2001_Janvier/Photo Album MonoSlide.zip

I don't know when I will achieve it, because from now I have no use of this style, so feel free to modify and transform it as you want !

Bruno, thank you very much for your generosity! It’s true that the layout of the perfect album can be done for a very, very long time. I wish you not to lose enthusiasm! Already done a very difficult job!