WnSoft Forums

Coming Soon. PTE AV Studio for Mac

Igor

• 2 weeks later...

That is great news. There is also ARM Mac mini dev computer that will help test PTE compatibility. I might get an ARM Mac mini in the future if the price is not too high.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/06/22/apple-arm-developer-kit/

Tom

Hello Igor

I'm interested in looking at this program. When is the intended release date please?

I moved to Mac's from Windows in 2017 and haven't looked back. I'm interested as it would appear to be a serious alternative to Fotomagico. Putting 'Wine' on a mac is a backward step which doesn't work fully and the only other alternatives are Boot camp or Parallels and quite frankly I never want to go near another windows computer again. So I'm interested - I did have a licence for Pte V9.0, are you going to make an upgrade and transfer of op system available for those of us who have transferred op. systems?

Currently running 10.14.6 Mojave. I'll upgrade fully to Catalina when Avid have full support available for 10.15.6 as they only have limited Catalina support up to 10.15.3 at present.

Andrew

On 6/26/2020 at 8:08 PM, Igor said:

Hi Andrew,

First Beta version should be available in August and open Beta testing will take at least several months.

You can upgrade (now or later) to PTE AV Studio 10 Pro to get a free Mac version.

Hi Igor,

Many friends of mine wait for this Mac version. I can't tell them the price of course ! Do you mean that it will be similiar to the Windows version ? Do you mean that they can subscribe a Windows version now and convert it into a Mac version as soon as it is commercially available ? Probably, your commercial politic is not finalyzed...

Thanks for your answer.

Regards

Patrick

On 6/28/2020 at 12:14 AM, Patrick ROTTIERS said:

Many friends of mine wait for this Mac version. I can't tell them the price of course ! Do you mean that it will be similiar to the Windows version ? Do you mean that they can subscribe a Windows version now and convert it into a Mac version as soon as it is commercially available ? Probably, your commercial politic is not finalyzed...

Hi Patrick,

If you purchase the Pro version of PTE AV Studio 10 you can use Mac and/or Windows version with your license key.

Once we publish a Beta version you can try it on your Mac with your license key.

For new customers a price for united Mac and Windows Pro version will be exactly the same as now. 

No subscription, just one time payment for a purchased version.

We ordered a special Mac with a new Apple Silicon CPU for developers. It should arrive in 2 weeks. So it will allow us to check a work of PTE AV Studio on Mac with a new ARM CPU and adapt the code for the best performance.

Officially, the first Mac with Apple Silicon CPU will be available for sales at the end of this year.

It will be interesting to see how well the new hardware works with PTE. Rosetta is a translator, so it translates instructions into ARM code every time the app is run. From the WWDC demo I thought it only converted the app one time during installation of software?

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/apple_silicon/about_the_rosetta_translation_environment

Tom

Today I received a special Mac with Apple Silicon CPU for developers. So now we can start a work to adapt a native code of PTE AV Studio for ARM CPU in future Mac computers. I tried to run PTE AV Studio (for Intel) on this Mac and it works almost well - we only need to fix one problem and everything else seems to work fine even in emulation - instructions for Intel CPU are being translated for ARM CPU on the fly when you run any "old" application.

First Mac with Apple Silicon CPU is planned for the end of this year for all customers.

I'm impressed how well macOS works on ARM CPU.