WnSoft Forums

SAVE TEMPLATE (Not responding)

orizaba

Igor,

PTE AV STUDIO PRO 10.0.5

I am editing a big movie, 30 minutes, some 145 slides, all movie clips MP4 1920x1080 around 100MB each, 75Mbps bitrate.

When I save template it takes more than 10 minutes but it really saves. Problem (?) is during these 10 minutes PTE says "Not responding".

I know that all project is really very heavy, but do you think that this "Not responding" is normal? Saved template is 18,3GB.

By the way: I confirm that PTE is my favourite to edit movies!

Thanks,

Jose 

What could we expect from a movie (part 1 from 3 parts!) 30 minutes long, 145 clips, 100MB each, 75Mbps bitrate? Of course, it is a heavy project!

My question is: why "not responding", despite it saves the template)? Is 18GB too much for PTE?

I am saving periodicaly as template as an insurance against some computer crash, I save "as usual" everyday.

Orizaba
I sometimes see the ‘not responding’ message when using other programs apart from PT AV, and, like you they go on to complete correctly, so could it be a Windows issue. 

If you are saving as an insurance against a computer crash, you could also use the alternative ‘Create Backup in Zip’.

Regards

wideangle

13 hours ago, orizaba said:

all movie clips MP4 1920x1080 around 100MB each, 75Mbps bitrate

Hi Jose,

No wonder 18 GB for the template with such a bitrate video and its quantity in the presentation. Try to optimize all the video files initially, for the HD 1080 the bitrate is almost enough an order of magnitude smaller. For example, 9 Mbps is quite acceptable, you will hardly notice any changes in quality.

Paul

Jose,

Please consider another approach for your large project. Store all used files (images, video clips, audio) in the same folder, or in sub-folders which are located in one root folder. Then you can easily backup this folder in Windows Explorer.