WnSoft Forums

Slideshow Templates in PTE

nickp3

I'm coming form ProShow and I'm trying to set up a template. In ProShow I was able to make templates with placeholder slides where the photos could be added. So for example I might have a 40 slide template set to music. All the transitions, music, placeholder slides and each individual slide duration would be saved in the template. Then when I created a show using that template I could just insert my 40 images into the placeholders and generate the slideshow. Big time saver for repetitive tasks.  Is something like this possible with PTE?Insert image from URL

Hi Nick,

There are a number of free templates here which include images.   https://beckhamdigital.photo/templates/   There are also demos of the templates as well as an instruction video on how to use them.  They are free but I'm sure Barry would appreciate a small donation if you choose to use them.

My idea of a template has always been a bit different from the way they are used in PT AV. 

In PT AV, if you want to do what nickp3 wants, where you would like to replace a set of files (photos) with a different set, then you could adopt Barry’s approach which involves doing work outside PT AV, or you could load the ‘template’ then go into Objects and Animation and replace each file individually (a slow process for 40 images).

Other programs use templates with empty  placeholders for the images.  Rather than storing the original images, the template has empty positions where you can just drag new images in each time you use the template. You could also drag another image over the top if you didn’t like your first choice, and it would be replaced. I suspect that this is what nickp3 has in mind.

To me, a template should be a skeleton framework ready to build a new creation, not a structure which holds a full set of images.  PT AV uses templates more to create a backup of a project, which is not really necessary because that can be done with the ‘Backup in zip’ feature.

Regards

wideangle

thedom said correctly. The concept of “style” in PTE AV is closest to what Proshow Producer uses to understand the “template”. You can save any number of slides in PTE AV in the form of one style. Photos are thus easily replaced.
You will need to transfer the required number of images to the timeline, select all of them, go to the “Styles and Templates” tab and select the desired style there.
You need to add manually  only music.

Once the slides are designed, they are easy to select and save as a style. This will be the basis for your further quick editing.

Best regards,

Aleina

Aleina

Yes I agree with what you say but the limitation of using a style however is that after applying your main style to your slides you may then wish to tweak some of them by applying another style. 
As you know, you cannot apply one style on top of another because the second style removes the first one. 

Regards

wideangle

38 minutes ago, wideangle said:

Aleina

Yes I agree with what you say but the limitation of using a style however is that after applying your main style to your slides you may then wish to tweak some of them by applying another style. 
As you know, you cannot apply one style on top of another because the second style removes the first one. 

Regards

wideangle

You can "manually" tweak the resulting Slide and Save as a "Hybrid" Style.

It is a limitation but it is not insurmountable.

DG