WnSoft Forums

3D photo frame - your opinion please ?

thedom

Here is a demo of a 3D frame for 10 pics.
Each sequence lasts 1 minute. There are 4 successives same sequences to show different textures applied for the frame and text.
Please let me know what you think of the animation, what could be improved, modified, etc...

I will probably build an alternative sequence. Any suggestions ? Something more linear ?

Thank you for your feedback.

Thank you very much for your comments and for your ideas about the use of this sequence.

7 hours ago, Aleina Show said:

...And I noticed some little strange thing, fix it, please.

ScreenShot_20200709005044.png

hehe, you have good eyes! I noticed it too after I uploaded the video and was wondering if somebody would see it. Thank you for your sense of observation and your high requirements, that’s something I appreciate.

After a good night, I noticed other little issues I will fix too :

- outside border of the frame missing on the right (cf your screenshot)

- reflections not always appropriate, moving too fast or not in the right direction

- not always right synchronization between  the movements of the frame and the colorization of the pictures

An interesting concept and very high-quality execution of design. The other was not to be expected from the author of the magnificent works that I had a chance to see. When watching a video, I constantly had one question, but what is the purpose of wide parallel “shadows” inside the frames? They are not quite similar to the actual behavior of the shadows inside the 3D object (when it is moving and tilting), due to the constant intensity and size. It is difficult to imagine the light sources that create such "shadows" in one object with recesses.

Bravo Dom !! très belle réalisation , comme toujours l'As des As  !!!!

Pour moi personnellement ! une préférence pour un glissement d'une photo a une autre sur le cadre !! 

cordialement 

Henry

_____

Bravo Dom !! very nice achievement, as always the Ace of Aces !!!!

For me personally! a preference for a slide from one photo to another on the frame !!

cordially

Henry

9 hours ago, stranger2156 said:It is difficult to imagine the light sources that create such "shadows" in one object with recesses.

Thank you Paul for your constructive comment. The scene is lit from the front with spotlight (as often it is done in publicities by example). But I think I understand what you mean. I will try to modify as far as I can.

9 hours ago, henry64200 said:

une préférence pour un glissement d'une photo a une autre sur le cadre !! 

Thank you Henry. I will probably make the alternate version with your suggestion In mind.

thedom, Very beautiful and impressive style, and most importantly - very high quality done. I think this style is suitable for many events: weddings, anniversaries, etc. A series of photographs of cities, streets, mountain ranges, forest and field landscapes will look beautiful. You can make styles 2x2, 4x4, etc. You can take many photos in one line and move them from left to right or vice versa. Regarding the texture: For weddings and anniversaries, you can choose pastel colors, a floral ornament, or a leaf ornament. For seascapes - the color of the sea or sky. I liked the steel color and wood color. For the rest, photos need to be selected separately, either by color or by contrast. Thank you, very beautifully done.

Thank you very much for your rich comment.

I agree, I think this style will be a nice way to share quickly photos (or videos) on very various subjects.

About textures, the end user of the style can choose his own textures. Reflections and shadows are automatically applied to bring as much photorealism as possible.
As usual, I will include different textures with the styles. As you mentionned, appropriate textures will be a good way to personnalize the animation and make something very unique depending on the subject and choosen photos/videos.

I didn't work on this animation since I released the demo. I think the style will be ready in about 8 days.

Here is the second demo. Please watch it in full screen and in HD.
I made an alternative version of the concept and I tried to take your remarks into account with the initial version.

And here are four captures of textures applied to the 3D frame. 
All those textures and those of both demos (and more) will be included in the zip.

Please let me know what you think before I release the styles.
Thank you.

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Bravo TheDom,
once again a masterpiece!
Here once again it becomes clear what our (professional) users and PTE can achieve. A real dream to look at these created templates(Styles).
I thank you for the great work and appreciate it very much to get help here again and again.
Have a nice day and greetings

Thanks guys !

I continued to work on the reflection effects.
The result is different depending on the texture used for the frame (dark or light).
But I have the impression that these reflections are now more natural and "realistic", more discreet and less distracting.

Do you confirm ?

Hi Dom,

Another great template!  Before I purchase, just wondering how difficult it will be to remove the sepia or black and white effect on the photos before/during transition.  I simply want the original color pictures at all times.  

Thanks!

Mary

Hi Mary, thank you for your interest in my styles.
Removing all b&w/sepia effects is not difficult : on each slide, in the O&A window, open the « Pictures » father object and for each image object, remove the filter(s) for each keypoint.

If you want, I can make the modifications for you and create 2 new styles.

3 minutes ago, Rosemary A said:

Dom could I please have a copy of the new styles too?

No problemo!
I will make the modifications tomorrow and will add the styles in the package for everybody.
I will let you know when it's done.

Time to go to bed for me, it's already very late in my time zone.