WnSoft Forums

PTE an Excel

MUR

I see with great satisfaction that there are many new users of PTE AV Studio, who are doing very advanced and wonderful things, but some may not know that Microsoft Excel can be used to do many things in a PTE project that has many slides and you want to make certain adjustments to all or a group of them, using macros to do it in a batch.
For example, if you want to change the duration of each one in a certain amount, such as adding or decreasing an amount equal to each one, regardless of their original duration, (example if they had a duration of 3, 12, 7 ... seconds , add 1 second, we would have 4, 13, 8 ... seconds) or increase or decrease the duration of each one in a percentage, also independent of its original duration, or (and this has no practical use, but it is only to show possibilities), change one color for another to all slides.
A lot of things can really be automated.

MUR

Hi Barry

In order to elaborate the macros, it is necessary to know Visual Basic for Excel, but once elaborated, its use is very simple.
I'm going to look in my files for a macro that I made some time ago, to adjust groups of slides to the length of the music track.
If I find it, I will review  and post it in the forum, because to use it, no knowledge of Excel is needed.

MUR

Hi JudyKay

How can you find it. :o

It is not working, since macros are a means of moving viruses, there are now more rules for using them. This was a simple version, if there are enough people interested, I can reprogram it, but it took time or anyone who programs Visual Basic can do it

To use them you don't need to program in Visual Basic , but you must have Excel in your computer

MUR