WnSoft Forums

Send a Video via WhatsApp advice

Xenofex2

I would like to occasionally create short videos to be able to send to Grand-Children on WhatsApp. (Creative animated birthday greetings perhaps?)  I have WhatsApp on the PC in which PTE is installed and so I could just upload the video created in PTE via my PC.

Now I see one has the option to 'Create Video for Mobile Devices' so presumably one can but which setting to choose, or is it Custom but then what, and has anyone found a recommended maximum time length that can be sent so to ensure our project is within that time?

Any suggestions please.

George

So whilst the 'key aim' is to then ensure the final video is below the 16 MB file size limit, is there a recommended/suggested export setting ( - the normal HD/4K Video /or Video for Mobile Devices but then which/ or ???) to help achieve this?

Presumably after that it is a case of 'trial and error?'

(Reproduced stranger2156 modifier tutorial forum posting yesterday, only four slides, so went back to check out and noted the final file save was 14.6KB. Just to test out for WhatsApp,  and exporting at the normal HD/4K setting, it became 5.17MB file. So keeping an analysis of this ratio I guess would help give such a guide?)

George 

George

I had the same problem, and these are my conclusions

Whtsapp has a limit size of 65 MB

First, select the format. I normally use 1280x720, which corresponds to 1920x1080, but will result lighter

Then I make a first trial producing an mp3 file with the quality set to “high” and the speed set to “30 p”

If the result is within 65 MB, it is Ok, and you could send it via Whatsapp.

If the result exceeds 65 MB, decrease the quality (eg to medium, or even to low) and try again. 

Hope this will help

Saluti

Claudio

Thankyou Claudio for your conclusions.

Something there that I had not even thought about was the initial format.

In the last few days I have been experimenting with checking file size and Gifs, and have today been pleased with my first attempt. A 20 second 'Happy Birthday' with three Gifs and his image, and it came to 11.3MB, sent vis WhatsApp and it worked.

So something new has been learnt, and will continue to be learnt, so certainly helping to keep the grey cells active. Isn't there a saying. 'from little acorns .....'

George

George, another advice on GIFs.

I do not know if you produce your own GIFs.

The problem is that Whatsapp does not allow the transmission of self-made GIFs, but only of preset ones.

You may escape the problem generating an mp4 video containing the GIF , and then send it via Whatsapp

Claudio

Claudio,

No, I am not that advanced as to be able to produce my own Gif's.

The thought though of, for a start, sending birthday messages to family via WhatsApp has been a totally new experience. In the last few days I have also found several sites to be able to download gifs. Whilst some come with a background, I have also found another website that then is able to 'extract' this animation from the background so have png type animation.

Can't wait now for the next birthday.

George