WnSoft Forums

Copy and paste keyframes from one layer to another

On 7/28/2020 at 10:24 PM, Aleina Show said:

I would like to be able to copy and paste keyframes from one layer to another ...

Please tell us more precisely what should happen when you copy a keyframe from one object to another one.

3 hours ago, jt49 said:

Please tell us more precisely what should happen when you copy a keyframe from one object to another one.

The lack of this feature is very noticeable for those who have used Proshow Producer. We often need to copy settings like modifiers and color corrections from one object to another. This is especially important if the slide contains many objects with repeating parameters. It is very inconvenient to specify these values manually every time in keyframes of another object. There are usually quite a few numerical values there. I create a hint for myself (screenshot of settings), open it in a separate window and change the values on another keyframe.
In Proshow Producer, you can simply copy any keyframe and paste it into any other layer. All motion settings, size, color correction, modifiers are transmitted simultaneously. It was also possible to separately copy any custom keyframe settings such as color correction from one object to another. There were also opportunities for global application of the value of any parameter. For example, for all keyframes in this object, or for all objects on a slide, or for all slides in general. But you can also select specific objects from the entire slideshow to which you want to apply this setting. Agree, this is very convenient.

Aleina

On 7/28/2020 at 11:24 PM, Aleina Show said:

I would like to be able to copy and paste keyframes from one layer to another. And also to copy parameters of keyframes between layers.

I fully support the proposal. And add the ability to clone multiple keyframes.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I so agree with this.

Although I recognise PTE's strengths ... but, having used ProShow, I see so many weaknesses in PTE and those being discussed on this thread are prime examples. So often I find myself wondering why PTE1110495469_COPYINPSP.thumb.jpg.e3c2987e0be35e672694e16e3a3ede16.jpg makes almost everything so much more difficult and time-consuming than ProShow. The ability to copy layers and/or settings to specific slides in a matter of seconds makes ProShow so much more user-friendly than PTE.

I know this sounds harsh but as more ProShow users find themselves using PTE, there are likely to be increasing numbers of comments like this. Sorry.

• Like 1

Maybe I am misunderstanding your requests, but if you Clone a keyframe it copies all the settings.

To copy a layer - Object - to another slide is easy, right click copy then move to the slide you want & paste.
If you then change the file in the properties tab all of the setting will be transferred to the new object.

PTE is very easy once you get used to it

Jill

1 hour ago, Philip Smithies said:

I know this sounds harsh but as more ProShow users find themselves using PTE, there are likely to be increasing numbers of comments like this. Sorry.

I don’t think so ... there are already many ProShow Producer users on the forum and we are quite happy with the PTE program. Some of the features that make PSP chores easier are more than offset by the other benefits of PTE. Take my word for it, there is no place in PSP that I have not explored in 13 years, the possibilities of PTE in general are more extensive.

Best regards,

Paul

jkb: Doing as you say copies the entire slide with all its effects into the next slide which wasn't what I was referring to - sorry if I wasn't making myself clear. If I have an slide in which there is (say) a Ken Burns effect and I right-click on one of the key-frames (which will be different from some/all of the other keyframes in that slide), there is no option to "Copy" from the menu that appears (as there in PSP as I illustrated in the screenshots above). I simply want to copy the image/layer and its settings at one particular point (i.e. on a particular keyframe) into an adjacent image. As I say, this option does not appear to be on offer in PTE i.e. when the image appears in the next or previous slide, it is in effect "frozen" with exactly the same settings as the key-frame I selected. Yes, this can be achieved in PTE but not directly and I have to go all round the houses to do it. The absence of this facility is not the end of the world but I find it immensely frustrating.

I think I'm expanding on what Aleina Show said on July 30 above.

stranger2156: There are unquestionably areas where PTE is stronger than PSP (for example the handling of sound by PTE is vastly superior to PSP as is the Preview Window). However, having used PSP for many years (like you), I am not convinced when you say the possibilities "the possibilities of PTE in general are more extensive."

21 minutes ago, Philip Smithies said:

However, having used PSP for many years (like you), I am not convinced when you say the possibilities "the possibilities of PTE in general are more extensive.

Perhaps over time you will have such confidence. For a year with a little work in PTE, I began to feel uncomfortable in the PSP, unfortunately. And if I want to create something, then I open PTE, also for the reason that it is impossible to create it in PSP.

Paul

11 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

.... And if I want to create something, then I open PTE, also for the reason that it is impossible to create it in PSP.

I am pretty sure that you are right, but it would be fine if you could name a few examples. I can't do that as I have never used PSP. A main reason why I use PTE is hierarchical modelling (some call it parent/child animation), a feature that I've greatly missed in other AV tools.

Regarding "Copy and paste for keyframes": It seems that most of it can be done quite well in PTE, perhaps not in the same way as in PSP. But we should keep in mind that it is only a very small minority of PTE users who would have a benefit from a whole lot new  functions. For most users they would be rather confusing than helpful.

1 hour ago, jt49 said:

only a very small minority of PTE users who would have a benefit from a whole lot new  functions. For most users they would be rather confusing than helpful.

I agree, PTE is so flexible that you can do anything if you think about it.

If I want to copy the parameters of a keyframe, I just copy that Object to another slide & then delete any other keyframes that I do not want.

I can then change the Object (image) to another in the Properties tab

I find it quick & easy.

Jill

17 hours ago, jt49 said:

... which functionality of PTE make these effects possible that PSP does not offer to its users.

I would like to point out some of these features that allow PTE to be higher than PSP. By importance.

1. The principle of object inheritance when creating containers.
2. Z-axis, which allows you to create the depth of the entire scene when building 3D effects.
3. Cropping images into stripes, which, when using the above functions, provides tremendous opportunities in 3D design.
4. Separately, we can say about masks, the nesting of which allows you to create stunning designs for practicing effects.
5. Convenient structuring with nested containers and an excellent overview of the entire structure.

Paul

P.S. Forgot to add to the flashback one of the latest effects, the Flowers style and transitions, which is impossible to do on the PSP.

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2021 at 6:32 AM, jkb said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding your requests, but if you Clone a keyframe it copies all the settings.

To copy a layer - Object - to another slide is easy, right click copy then move to the slide you want & paste.
If you then change the file in the properties tab all of the setting will be transferred to the new object.

PTE is very easy once you get used to it

Jill

Hi Jill, How do I:

1. Move an image within a slide frame.
  2. Add another image as a layer within a slide frame as a second or even third image.

These functions were relatively easy in ProShow Producer which I used for over 10 years.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Doug

Australia

Doug you are replying to an old post.
Not sure why you have just picked up on my reply to the original poster?

I have never used Proshow, but I can do everything I need to in PTE, it is extremely powerful

Jill