WnSoft Forums

File sharing without email address

Igor

Hi,

Can you recommend for me and for other members good online services for file sharing which don't require email address for downloading?

send.firefox.com doesn't work already a couple of weeks.

I know about Google Drive.

Not sure about WeTransfer.com. Does this service allow downloading without email address for a recipient?

1 hour ago, Barry Beckham said:

www.mediafire.com

This account is not registered to an email adress. Unregistered accounts may be considered abandoned after 14 days of inactivity, unless you register.

I have an account there, but as far as I know, without registration, links quickly die.

4 hours ago, Igor said:

good online services for file sharing which don't require email address for downloading?

If we are talking only about downloading without specifying your email address, then you can see https://www.pcloud.com On a free account they give 10 GB. But there is one feature, the free account is deleted if there has been no activity for 6 months. Activity does not mean downloading files, but visiting an account.

I tend to prefer using   https://www.grosfichiers.com/en/     because it allows (for free) larger files than WeTransfer. 

Moreover the files are not in the USA, which provides some better level of privacy.

("Gros Fichiers"  means  "Large Files" in French, and the web site is also  www.grosfichiers.ch, that is Switzerland).

You can send the files once to your own e-mail address (or a dedicated secondary address).

Then you are given a DOWNLOAD LINK that you can forward to anyone, without going through GrosFichiers.

For instance, for the sake of demonstration, here is an old URL: https://www.grosfichiers.com/dKgrqvxsFgu

(but the link is no longer valid).

You can do the same with WeTransfer. Send it to yourself, then send the link to anyone else. The link is only active for 7 days.

We use it all the time for sending AV's.

If you do send to someone else's email, the advantage is that you receive an email when they download it.

2gb limit on the free version.

Jill

<<GrosFichiers is a free service for businesses and individuals to send at once up to 50 GB files to one or several recipients through a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.

GrosFichiers acts as intermediary between the sender and recipients. Each recipient receive by email a link to download the files, which are stored on our servers until then.>>

Greetings,

Here is my go-to list of file transfer sites that I use. jmG says GrosFichiers is 50 Gbs, but I see 10 Gbs. Maybe registration gives more but I have not used it. Sendspace used to not work well in Firefox; only in IE. But not sure now. Things change so I hope this list is accurate.

Gary

image.png.8f84f8f3039b2a2f2ab78a75f63ec691.png

I read "The maximum size per sending is 50 GB, for up to 300 files at a time. The files remain on the company servers during 14 days maximum."

I have actually sent large video files of 40 GB a few times.  I have once made a small contribution to the web site, which may very well have increased my allowable usage to the 50 GB maximum value.

26 minutes ago, jmG-06100 said:

I read "The maximum size per sending is 50 GB, for up to 300 files at a time. The files remain on the company servers during 14 days maximum."

I have actually sent large video files of 40 GB a few times.  I have once made a small contribution to the web site, which may very well have increased my allowable usage to the 50 GB maximum value.

Greetings,

Hmmmm.... I see '10 GB'. 50GB would be great but I just don't see it mentioned. Do you have to register to get 50 GB? I don't even see how to 'register'.

Gary

image.thumb.png.a69bf0c04fc3e11670e2424fd13cae1b.png

21 hours ago, jmG-06100 said:

Just do a "Donation" like I have, after many months of use, and then the space will increase (I believe).

https://www.grosfichiers.com/en/FAQ.html

Greetings,

I contacted Grosfichiers about the 50Gb limit and I got the following response:

"Hello,

Choose you plan 20€ here: https://www.grosfichiers.com/votre-contribution.html

Then you’ll be able to send files until 50Go.

This page exists for now only in French sorry.

Regards,

Edouard Boisset"

Thank you, Gary, for the explanation.  The servers for GrosFichiers are in Switzerland and in France, where most of their clients reside I presume.

Actually the link you got indicates that you will be allowed up to 50 GBytes per each transfer (after a donation), and that if you donate 5 €, 10€ or 20 € you will have no publicity for 1, 2 or 6 months respectively.