WnSoft Forums

Portrait aspect image problem

canico

I would like to edit this picture - currently in portrait format - (picture one is the full image size) to fit the full image space on the slide line,. Is there a tool in the programme to do this with without cropping the image.  How can I achieve the same image without the black edges. I've tried using the objects and animations tool to pull the black panels sideways which crops the image. I have tried selecting the  3 to 2 ratio which also crops the image.

Thank you

Picture 2.JPG

Photo 1.JPG

My initial suggestion would have probably be by using a Photo Edit program.

Find a whatever landscape image is suitable for a background, but then either reduce the Opacity down of this background image or possibly even make it b&w. Then your above photo, perhaps with a border around, on the top layer. Whatever creative method you find will then avoid the black strips down the side.

You could of course also do the same within PTE. Using a suitable landcsape background image and then add the image via Objects & Animation, perhaps even floating on.

Two portrait images side by side?

Check out to see if there are any Slide Styles that can help.

George   

Hi Canico

(1) With PTE directly

The quickest way to use a vertical photo among a horizontal slideshow is what you often see on TV for the news, when a smartphone has filmed an event in a vertical frame:

Make a background with the initial image stretched to fill the whole width, either globally or only horizontally.  Also blur that background 10% to 50% or so.  Make sure the main strong horizontal lines coincide (horizon, road edge, ...).

PTE_2020-08-06 10.59.20.png

(2) With Photoshop or other advanced photo editing software

As you can see, I used the "Edit / Fill" feature, with the option to use the image content.  Depending on the subject, you can get amazing results. I have worked on a copy of the picture on a layer where I have deleted the two black vertical bands on either side, making them Transparent.   Then in two successive steps, I have selected half of the vertical band closest to the original image and performed the fill operation; Then the outermost void column was filled, with the "good" result you can see (check the shadow on the sand). Do small steps if the initial "fill" is not satisfactory, so that only the image content closest to the "patched" area is used.

Further enhancements are possible to clean-up the works, using other tools.

However, during a slide show, the main attention is on the center of the image, not so much on details around it.

(Actual Photoshop menu command , in French = "Edition / Remplir / Contenu pris en compte")

PTE_135394477_Photo1-photoshop.JPG

Thank you both for your suggestions,I had not thought of the idea of making 3 pictures and merging them into one. I have rather given up on PhotoShop as too complicated and now use Luminar 4 and I will see what I can do there.

Thanks again

Canico

49 minutes ago, canico said:

Thank you both for your suggestions,I had not thought of the idea of making 3 pictures and merging them into one. I have rather given up on PhotoShop as too complicated and now use Luminar 4 and I will see what I can do there.

Thanks again

Canico

Hi Canico,

you could try the Microsoft-Tool Image Composite Editor ICE2.0. 

Gerhard 

Is this being made a little more complicated than it is. You cannot make a vertical image fit a landscape slide show. This is a job for picture in picture that has been mentioned already above. If time permits tomorrow I’ll make a short video.

Canico,

I would say find a Photo Editing program that you find comfortable with and that fits your needs. Then I suggest that over the years you will slowly slowly be using it more and more.

Remember to checkout Youtube for tutorials on how to do something, or even, finding the right photo editing program for you.

George