WnSoft Forums

Master Video not working

jkb

I am trying to run a video over 2 (or more) slides.  PTE10 but also tried in PTE9

It is in a Mask, but I don't think that is causing the problem

I insert the video on slide 1

Set the start time (1:27.768)  & an Offset of 6 secs

I set it to Master Video

Copy the Video (along with the Mask) to Slide 2

It automatically sets it as a Linked video.
I change the offset back to zero on slide 2.

When I play the sequence, the video starts playing after 6 secs on slide 1 - correct
It continues playing smoothly for the duration of the Transition - correct

Then at the end of the Transition the video jumps back to it's start point & sits for 6 secs before playing again

I have tried various Transition durations includeing zero - all the same problem

Help!  what am I doing wrong or is it a bug?

I have tried various tests -

running the video straight without a Mask
leaving the offset as 0 before copying to slide 2
changing slide 1 back to single video then changing the offset & change back to Master Video

But whatever I try I cannot get it to work correctly.
I am sure I have done this in the past without problems.

Tried on 3 PC's

Windows 10, Windows 7 & a Windows 8.1 recently updated to 10

Jill

PS If I make the transition longer than the offset on slide 1 then the video continues playing smoothly for the duration of slide 2

But if I then reduce the transition time back to less than the offset it does the jump as above.

Even if I change the offset to zero it still seems to remember the original time & jumps on slide 2.

So a strange bug

PPS
If I initially make the video on slide 1 start from 0 & have 0 offset, then it all works OK

If I then try to add an offset to slide 1 it doesn't do it.
Although the offset time is set to 6 secs the video still plays from the start of the slide.

If I change slide 1 back to single video, the offset works.

But as soon as I change it back to Master Video the problem with slide 2 occurs.

I have now tried so many variations & order of doing things, but I cannot get it to work correctly

9 hours ago, jkb said:

what am I doing wrong or is it a bug?

Hi jkb, the transition time, as well as the video offset, does not affect the correct pairing of the video master and its smooth continuation. You need to follow the sequence of actions and the correct choice of pairing for subsequent slides. If you have done video pairing several times in the project, then they will all be displayed when selected, you must specify the correct option. Better to do everything in one go, it works.

2020-08-09_063103.jpg

2020-08-09_063220.jpg

2 hours ago, jkb said:

But as soon as I put an offset on the video on slide 1 it no longer works.

The video master doesn't like changes after having prepared a set of slides and mates in one go. Why not do the offset right away so you don't have problems later. Is there such a need to change the offset later, after the bindings are made?

I have tried that as well.

My initial setup was with the offset.

As I said above I have tried all sorts of variations.

Even just using a single image & a straight video - no masks - with an offset it doesn't work.

Another problem I have just encountered when trying to add in a 2nd mask & video.

Even though the Mask contents should different file names, it was only showing one video in both Masks.

Lots of problems.

Maybe Igor can have a look

Trying to get this finished for a public show, so having to use workarounds which makes it more difficult

Jill