WnSoft Forums

Windows 10.0.20190 Build 20190 PTE Preview broken [SOLVED]

tom95521

My PC updated today and now PTE has changed. Tested using both my own media and the Sample Project.

Anyone else running the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview and having a problem with PTE preview (double click or button) not working? The Preview button grays out and after about 10 seconds it is enabled again but no preview running. I can see PteViewerX.exe running in task manager then it quits. The mini player works and publish .EXE both work properly.

PTE 10.0.12 Build 2
OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home Insider Preview
Version    10.0.20190 Build 20190
DirectX 12
Ryzen 7 2700X cpu
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1660 Super 6 GB

I tried setting the GPU option for PteViewerX.exe but no success.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/08/12/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-20190/

Thanks,
Tom

Tom,

Thanks, we'll check it. Probably it's a bug in Windows 10 Insider Preview, or in graphics drivers.

Our computer with Insider Preview version is located in our closed office. And we still work from home. I'll try to install this Alpha version of Windows to check a work of PTE.

The code of the main program of PTE and PteViewerX.exe is the same.

Did you check a work of a created EXE show?

Not sure if I have this insider preview, don't think so.

But I have noticed that full screen preview - started by right click in mini preview window - sometimes starts behind the main PTE window.

Thought it was just my mouse as it doesn't always right click easily, but could be a bug?

Not noticed any problems on my windows 7 pc, but that is a different mouse and works ok.

Jill

4 hours ago, jkb said:

But I have noticed that full screen preview - started by right click in mini preview window - sometimes starts behind the main PTE window.

Thought it was just my mouse as it doesn't always right click easily, but could be a bug?

Jill,

Fullscreen preview runs as another program. A new window should appears on the top of other windows.

There is one case when a new program may starts in a background, if accidentially quickly click again in a window of PTE, a focus returns back to PTE's main window and fullscreen preview starts in a background.

11 hours ago, Igor said:

Tom,

Thanks, we'll check it. Probably it's a bug in Windows 10 Insider Preview, or in graphics drivers.

Our computer with Insider Preview version is located in our closed office. And we still work from home. I'll try to install this Alpha version of Windows to check a work of PTE.

The code of the main program of PTE and PteViewerX.exe is the same.

Did you check a work of a created EXE show?

Yes. I created an EXE of the Sample Slideshow and other slideshows. The EXE versions play perfectly. The problem is only with Preview.

Since this is a Windows Insider Preview edition it may fix itself in the next (frequent) patch. I will update this posting if it starts working.

Thanks,
Tom

Another strange behavior possibly due to Windows update is when you select Publish Show, HD and 4K video, and then Preview it creates a short 10 second video clip. My default video player (PotPlayer) will auto start and play the video which is correct. If you click on the Play button it opens PTE again with the project instead of the temporary mp4 file. I would expect the Play button to use the .mp4 instead of .pte. This is the way it works when Publishing a full length video. I am presently unable to test on another Windows PC.

Thanks,
Tom

PTE_video_preview.thumb.jpg.a0120f058ffb0ee81890656a40ab161a.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 2:59 AM, tom95521 said:

Anyone else running the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview and having a problem with PTE preview (double click or button) not working? The Preview button grays out and after about 10 seconds it is enabled again but no preview running. I can see PteViewerX.exe running in task manager then it quits. The mini player works and publish .EXE both work properly.

Tom,

Try a new test version:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/pteavstudio-setup.exe

Hi Igor,

Great news! Preview works again on my Windows Insider which is currently.

Version    10.0.20215 Build 20215

Video preview might still have a small problem. It creates a video preview file correctly. But the videobuilder encoder window still displays .pte file extension (like graphic in previous post). When I press play button to preview video it works properly but it also opens a new PTE program window.

Thanks,
Tom

9 minutes ago, tom95521 said:

Great news! Preview works again on my Windows Insider which is currently.

Tom,

Thanks for testing and confirmation!

There was a change in a behaviour of Windows 10. We had to add a fix for this situation. I don't know if Microsoft will fix it in the final version or not, but we'll release official update 10.0.13 next week.

13 minutes ago, tom95521 said:

Video preview might still have a small problem. It creates a video preview file correctly. But the videobuilder encoder window still displays .pte file extension (like graphic in previous post). When I press play button to preview video it works properly but it also opens a new PTE program window.

Do you observe this problem with other projects, not Sample Project?

I can't reproduce it with Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Will check on Insider Preview version on Monday.

Hi Igor,

Yes. The Publish Video, Preview problem happens on 4 different slideshows I have tested.

I have noticed that the Publish Video, Preview, has the label of the temporary .pte file. After the temporary video is created it auto opens my default video player (PotPlayer without clicking on Play). If I click on the Play button in VideoBuilder it opens a new copy of PTE editor.

Thanks,
Tom

PTE10_Preview_Publish.jpg

• Igor changed the title to Windows 10.0.20190 Build 20190 PTE Preview broken [SOLVED]
On 9/19/2020 at 1:06 AM, tom95521 said:

I have noticed that the Publish Video, Preview, has the label of the temporary .pte file. After the temporary video is created it auto opens my default video player (PotPlayer without clicking on Play). If I click on the Play button in VideoBuilder it opens a new copy of PTE editor.

Tom,

We fixed this problem:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/pteavstudio-setup.exe