Igor

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No rest Igor?

New features - it has to be the ability to select slides and apply global custom settings to them.

Also the ability to select and move/adjust blocks of slides along the timeline (say to make room for an additional slide or to adjust to a new ( longer/shorter?) audio track.

I feel that the timeline is the only area where P2E is not quite 'user-friendly' in an otherwise great programme.

DEN (NE UK)

1. "Ken Burns" effects - smooth scrolling and zooming. I've done reasonable scrolling of panoramas with the "push" effect by breaking them up into individual slides, but there's still a hitch between frames. If I don't allow at least 1/10 of a second between the end of the push and the start of the next slide it may redo the previous slide, too. Interestingly, it looks smoother when transferred to a DVD than it does on the PC.

2. The ability to lock or fix a slide (or block of slides) to a certain point in the synchronized timeline, and be able to space adjacent slides from it. For instance, start with a slideshow with 30 slides and a two-minute music file. When initially put into the timeline each slide is onscreen for 4 seconds. But let's say that I want the first slide to be onscreen for 10 seconds, so I drag it over to the 10-second mark. I want all the slides after it to respace themselves. Then I want to drag slide #10, 11 and 12 to the one-minute mark and lock them in place, and then respace all the slides between them and slide #1, then all the slides after #12. And so on. Like grabbing a spring somewhere in the middle and pulling towards one end, the coils stretch apart on one side and squeeze together on the other in a proportional manner.

3. Ability to apply a display scaling factor to individual slides, preferrably by choice of numerical value or grabbing and dragging an edge or corner, and placement on the screen the same way. So for instance I'd like to be able to start with a small picture that only takes up a corner of the screen, then transition to a larger one that is offset from the corner, then a larger one that is centered, then a smaller one offset, and then finally a small one in the opposite corner. Of course this type of thing can be done by preprocessing the pictures in Photoshop or similar programs, but I'd like to do it on the fly in PTE.

4. Similarly, the ability to have more than one slide onscreen at the same time. Slide 1 comes in and takes a portion of the left side of the screen, slide 2 comes in on the right, slide 3 comes in and replaces 1 as it fades out, 4 replaces 2, slide 5 overlaps the previous ones, etc. Again, these effects can be done by processing the images beforehand but I'd like the flexibility to do it in PTE.

5. Igor and company have done such a great job I can't think of a fifth thing to list (and I was really reaching with 3 and 4 above.) The Ken Burns effects and being able to lock slides and respace in the timeline are really the only ones I care about.

Thanks!

Pan and zoom would be wonderful! Something like what RostrumCamera can do, but with an easier interface!

Pan and zoom would be wonderful! Something like what RostrumCamera can do, but with an easier interface!

You mean with PTE quality? :P I tried Rostrum, I also like this effect, but the quality isn't near as anything I should want to use in my shows.

I would also like to be able to use my own graphics as a navigation bar. The bar as it is right now is very standard and most of the time I prefer not to use it.

I also very much want to be able to set the custom options for several slides at once.

In the timeline I would like to be able to select several slides and move them all together. That way synchronizing would be far more convenient.

Igor,

That was a short rest - just a "cat-nap"! :)

However, we're not complaining!

Well, here goes with my wish-list:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Ability to add overlay narration via the main window "sound" line which spans more than one slide.

2. Ability to globally add "customized" parameters such as slide duration, transition effect and time, comment, etc, to all slides highlighted either in the slide list or on the light-table.

3. Ability to have zero time (or almost zero) between transitions without causing a "glitch".

4. Scaling of objects so they don't lose position in different monitor resolutions.

5. Ability to change transition times in the sync timeline window by highlighting a transition and typing in a number.

6. Ability to change transition times by dragging the grey horizontal lines with the mouse.

7. Ability to highlight several slides in the timeline window (by clicking on the first and then "shift-clicking" on the last), and then move them forward or backward as a group by dragging them with the mouse. Tom's suggestion #2 for relative "scaling" of the times could be included in this as an option by holding down a certain key while dragging with the mouse.

8. Ability to zoom out until the entire timeline (and sound waveform) can be seen.

9. Ability to make an object button completely transparent.

10. More control over the design of the navigation bar.

11. Ability to select a specific slide and go to it from the navigation bar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That should do it for now. If I think of anything else, I'll add it later. However, I'm sure it will be covered by someone else in the meantime!

This is shaping up to be a very good Christmas this year! :):):)

Thanks so much for giving us this opportunity to input to your wonderful program!!! We really appreciate it!

Sorry, Marianne for repeating your suggestions. I hadn't read yours before posting my list.

I would like to see a quick key to sort the images in the slide timeline randomly. I do presentations for my clients but I don't want them put into numerical sequence ( nor do I want to renumber my images). I want them to show randomly for variety in the slide show. However, I would like an opening and closing slide to appear at the beginning and end, so the randomization must be done in the timeline, not during the running of the show.

This would save a lot of time instead of having to go into the slide sorter (light table) and move all the images around)

Doug

Igor,

If I had to suggest just one enhancement, it would be the ability to push panoramic images across the display, i.e., "Ken Burns" style pan and zoom. (I take a lot of panoramic photos.) My experience with trying to emulate this effect is similar to Tom K.'s, and it isn't pretty!

But, since you asked, I'd also like to be able to simultaneous apply custom parameters to a selection of slides.

Also, more control over the appearance of the navigation bar.

And... per "alrobin's" suggestion, the ability to record a narration track that spans multiple slides.

I'm really enjoying the improvements you've made in the current version (4.30), especially the light table, which saves considerable effort in assembling slide shows. Thanks for your continued efforts to make PicturesToExe even better!

Igor,

First the"leftover stuff" from 4.30:

1) Remember to display the waveform in the timeline window if it was last displayed for this project when the timeline window was shown within this PTE session.

2) Change the fast-forward-and-backward through the slides (using the arrow keys) to not do the transitions. Also automatically enter "pause mode" when doing this (needs some thought).

Then the long-standing "leftover" problem:

Allow specification of transitions close together without PTE glitching... letting PTE automatically adjust to slower hard drives or CPU's.

New stuff:

1) Pan and zoom, both with PTE quality.

2) Additional effects

3) If you are ambitious and want to do a larger project, the ability to "build" a slide. You'd start with a slide and then you'd be able to "add" another slide transparently over the first with a transition (useful for slide buildups, and for adding text dynamically). You might want to consider also allowing the "removal" of such an "added slide". Powerpoint has been doing this for several releases now, with good quality, so it's obviously do-able.

4) Make nav bar callable up and hideable by hitting a key during the show. Perhaps optionally make pause automatically call up the nav bar.

5) Allow a slide to be "named", and then extend the nav bar to optionally include a drop down list of available names to "go to". Allow specification of whether the drop-down list's names should be in alphabetical order or in the order the names appear in the show.

6) Allow user design of nav bar (and exact placement) so that it fits with the show theme.

7) Allow changing of the transition time visually in the timeline window.

Harold

Igor:

The one feature I would like as well as all the others mentioned.. the ability to resize photos in the object editor. Simply by moving the handles in or out.

Can't thank you enough for all the improvements you have made to what I thought was a great program right from the start.

Bob..

H i Igor,

I have just 2 simple wishes:-

1) At "End of Music Timeline"....To insert a "Moveable Stop"

This could be moved 'up-down' the Timeline to make Custom Synchronisation,see diagram.

Sliding Stop = S

-------------------------------------------------ISI-----------------------------I<End of Music

Set 'Sliding Stop' with Mouse: up <------I------> down

2) Numeric Access to JPeg Image(s)

Have a "New Button" in PTE Program = NK Button (Numeric Keyboard)

Press this and 'Type In'.... 22 or 37 or any Slide numbers-

Press 'Enter' after each number.

Create an Exe.with the Numbered Slides and a "Numbered Row Start Screen"

The user "taps-in" 22 or 37 or any No + Enter. The Program goes to that Slide + Sound.

22. The Mona Lisa........................................Key in No + Enter

37. The Tate Gallery.....................................Key in No + Enter

41. Buckingham Palace.................................Key in No + Enter

Purpose:- So PTE can be used for "Public Information" in Libraries, Galleries etc;

NO Mouse needed-

Uses a simple ~Number Keypad~ like on a 'Cash Dispenser' or on a 'Bank Counter'

I think item (1) would make it easier to use PTE -and- item (2) would greatly expand the use

of PTE into other "user markets" not yet catered for ~

Here's Wishing,

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Igor ! After all what has been posted, even though it might seem repetitive; I can't but express you my admiration and forward you my thanks. :D:D:D

I'm rather new in this business with PTE and probably missed some point, but I wonder why nobody mentioned the prospect of improving dramatically the music editing system ? I would very much like to have a few - let's say 2 - other music tracks added… one for narration purpose, one for extra sounds purpose for instance ; each of those extra tracks being designed to include a few basic tools such as "copy" "cut" "paste" and "move" ...That would permit to adjust easely all sounds used in the scenario on the same screen... quite a challenge isn't it !

See what I mean ? Is there any support for that around ?

I know Audacity is an efficient complement to PTE, but having a "mini audacity" on board would be fantastic ! You've made us used to exceptionnal improvement... that's why I dare ask !!!

Hi Igor,

Along with other's requests for Pan/Zoom would it be possible to have PTE recognise GIF or PNG24 in order to display transparent images?

Secondly the ability to have TWO images on screen at the same time (with different effects applied) would allow a transparent image to move with respect to its background.

Thanks for a GREAT programme!!

DaveG.

There are some good ideas flowing here,

Just to add another thought - it would be very welcome to have the ability to call up the sync/timeline window directly from the main interface (via a button?) instead of going via the Project Options each time. Or maybe a keyboard shortcut?

As I have said for a long time, the integration of the timeline view into the general pattern of use is needed to increase the 'user friendliness' which makes the programme so great.

Den (NE UK)

Al's list seems pretty comprehensive to me. Taken with the other ideas mentioned here, should be enough work to keep you busy!

I wonder whether the in-program help needs updating, e.g. there isn't much about templates.

Since we have free access to a perfectly servicable audio editor (Audacity), in my opinion the sound editing suggestions are less important than getting the visual side of the program as effective as possible.

But it's a great product already and we love using it! Thanks a lot.

Igor,

When I start a new show, i assemble all the parts -- picts, music, icons, text files etc in a new properly named folder on one of my various drives.

I start the show using a s/c for the latest version of p2e. I then give a new command, and direct the pte to the drive and folder for the show. I add all picts, icon, make my entry exit slides -- i do every thing that has to be done before adding the music, doing save as / create as, as i progress. I will run the show looking for things i might have missed.

Now it is time to add the music.

By default,Pict to Exe goes to "c" drive for the music -- it should have enough smarts by this point to know the folder i am working out of which is very rarely on the "c" drive

ken B)

I'm late, but I will add my wish list. In random order :

1. Ability to resize objects depending on screen resolution.

2. Pan, zoom and move slides.

3. Ability to lock single slides or blocks of slides on certain point of the timeline (see above Tom K post, #2).

4. Two separate image timelines, one for slides, the other one for transition effects. This way we can not only better see superimposing effects, but also take control on the effect (e.g. a long fade-out + a fast fade-in).

5. At least one new soundtrack in addition to main one (even without fade ability).

I can't believe that P2E just keeps getting better and better. Its my favourite piece of software.

Just a couple of things I would like to see. One that alrobin suggested i.e. ability to have transitions closer together i.e less than half a second would be good.

The other thing that it would be nice to have is tabular window with slides listed in order with transition types and times that are possible to be adjusted quickly on the table.

gogs

Hi Igor,

I have been using the 'new' PTE all week and it's really great.

My request has already been mentioned but I really would like to be able to 'lock' a slide to an exact point in the timeline. A slide that 'must' stay with a particulat SFX or beat of the music no matter how many changes you make to what goes before or after.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy working with P2E - I hope you make plenty money from your work!

Regards RonH (NE UK)