Suggestions for the next version

Igor

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is a multi slide kiosk map please and what does it have to do with PTE? Some information would be helpful in assessing whether or not such a feature is needed.

Ron [uK]

Thanks for the explanation Tom, that puts me in the picture. With PTE being such an excellent tool, I can understand how it can conjure up what you have suggested.

Ron [uK]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Isn't NYC Software still distributing the software? One would think they could help you find the developer. I would be a bit concerned about the legality of "copying" their product since it's apparently still being sold.

See link below:

Lin

http://www.nycsoftware.com/DVDxCopy/products.htm

Hello Lin - -that site is what I would refer to as a 'cob-web' site. DVD X-show is onlybeing sold where is is still in stock - it is not being produced any more since the company declared bankruptcy about 3 years ago.

If anyone did come forward then they should be hired as the applicaition really was excellent and absolutely worth further developing.

If you can still buy the application then get it while you can!

Mike in Maine

Hello Lin - -that site is what I would refer to as a 'cob-web' site. DVD X-show is onlybeing sold where is is still in stock - it is not being produced any more since the company declared bankruptcy about 3 years ago.

If anyone did come forward then they should be hired as the applicaition really was excellent and absolutely worth further developing.

If you can still buy the application then get it while you can!

Mike in Maine

Hi Mike,

I'm starting to believe that the company which I provided the link for is also out of business or a scam. I tried to purchase the software (X-Show) via the web and after taking my credit card number an error was returned saying "No Serial Number Could be Found for This Product" - please contact the "webmaster"... I called the number at the top right of their screen and it had been disconnected and no longer in service. I checked their "contact" number and called it and received a "mailbox full" message. I emailed them and received no reply as of yet. I contacted my credit card company and they had received the order for $39 so I suspect after the five day wait period I'll have to dispute the charges but a big CAUTION to anyone else about this company and the link below for reference.....

http://www.nycsoftware.com/DVDxCopy/products.htm

Best regards,

Lin

I assume the question has been posted 1.000 times already. :unsure:

Sorry to ask again but I have a very important project to do soon (eclipse in Lybia at the end of March) and I will need pan/zoom functions for my slideshow.

Do you have a estimate date for the release of the v5.0 ?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lin ... did you ever find X-Show? If not then I might be able to help you with that.

Mike in Maine

videomike@juno.com if you want to contact me directly.

Hey Mike,

I didn't. The company in NY which was advertising it is either out of business and still collecting money for products they can't deliver or they are just another web rip-off.

As suspected, I had to dispute the charges on my credit card. Their main telephone number has been disconnected and no longer in service and their alternate number returns a "mailbox full" message. They don't answer their emails so I'm guessing they are gonzo... It could be that it's an honest mistake, that they simply didn't bother to take down their site and that the automated web processing is just continuing to submit charges (how convenient is that - LOL) but I'm guessing that some people will just pay their credit card bill and get nothing for their efforts except a lesson about web purchases - HA!

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

I'm not sure whether or not this has already been put forward.

In my rather limited experience of producing slideshows I have noticed one limiting factor when one uses PTE - not being able to import Animations (avi or whatever).

I would like to start up PTE slideshow with an animated sequence as an Intro, and then progress into the still image slideshow using transitions. This doesn't seem possible at present. Perhaps, for technical reasons this is not feasible.

Any comments anyone?

leonard

leonard

Your wishes may come true.

Igor

In v5.00 you can animate main picture of a slide only.

Users have created "Flash " to run with PTE.

Sometime ago I created a " Animated Menu " as a .SWF file.

When the .SWF file is run you can click to " Create Projector " which saves as an .EXE

The .EXE was then used as an annimated menu, with button links to other .EXE shows.

Basically same as the " Menu Demo " show I passed along to you to look at.

I must admit a bit of a clumsy way to do it.

Lets see what ver 5 brings us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

I've just bought myself a Pocket PC and was wondering if it would be possible to create an exe file that would run on that platform?

I realise there may be a very small demand for this and so not worth your effort but this post might spark off a few others to think along my lines.

Thanks for all your work and I'm waiting with baited breath for V5 beta

Kenny

www.coinneachphotography.co.uk

We can open an image in our image editing software by CTRL+W, (or right clicking) it would nice if there was some way open a sound clip that is attached in the SOUND LINE of the main page in our sound editor.

Or I guess in the MUSIC page of PROJECT OPTIONS.....

• 3 weeks later...

One suggestion for the next version (I don't know if has been suggested or is already incorporated) would be an onscreen volume controller - or the ability to change the volume in the tabbed 'Music' header in the Project Options so that music level is reduced before the show is made.