WnSoft Forums

Wind River Range Llama Trek Part I

mhwarner

I went on a 7-day 36+ mile hike in the Wind River Range of Wyoming (about 70 miles east of Jackson Hole and the Tetons).  Most of the hike was about 10,000 feet which was sometimes a struggle at my age.  :)  This is the first half.  Second part to follow shortly.  Thanks to Tonton Bruno for a previously shared video tutorial on how to create the animated maps! Video made entirely within PT AV Studio (except, of course, for basic picture editing and map images done in Photoshop).  

9 hours ago, JRR said:

Must have been a great trek!

Can you direct me to Tonton Bruno's tutorial re animated maps please.

It was amazing!  Here's a link to the tutorial.  It's in French but easy to follow.  The map animation is  at 15:35.

https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/23255-scrolling-text-star-wars-effect/?do=findComment&comment=148851

9 hours ago, Lakelandlass said:

My kind of country, Mary.  Methinks I would have really enjoyed that a few years ago.  Pleased to see you are travelling again.

Maureen

Notwithstanding physical issues, I'm sure you would have enjoyed the hike -- if you could actually breathe.  Hiking uphill at 10,000 feet + in elevation (around 3050 meters) was a real challenge. We got up as high as 10,800 feet.   It was good to get away as it's been terribly hot here this summer (most days 100F +) and not conducive to leaving the air conditioning.  The most difficult part for me was coming home to the empty house.  He was always there when I returned from my hikes or business travels.  I am planning a cross-country trip soon to the east coast to visit family and do a memorial service and hopefully will fit in some scenic stops along the way. Hope you are doing well!

13 hours ago, Rosemary A said:

I loved this show. I loved the photography and the movement within the show. Very well done and thanks for sharing.

Rosemary

Thank you so much, Rosemary!  I was the oldest and slowest hiker so I couldn't stop as often as I would have liked for photography, but I am pleased with the shots I got.  In that area it would have been pretty hard to get a bad picture.  I hope you will enjoy the second half as well.  

On 9/7/2020 at 2:37 PM, mhwarner said:

It was amazing!  Here's a link to the tutorial.  It's in French but easy to follow.  The map animation is  at 15:35.

https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/23255-scrolling-text-star-wars-effect/?do=findComment&comment=148851

Thanks