WnSoft Forums

Basic Slide Timeline Question

Brad

I am a convert from Proshow Producer and have a basic question.  I've searched through all the helps and watched Barry's videos...

Is there a way to lock slide durations so that the entire timeline shifts on certain actions?  For example:

1. If I insert a slide into the middle of a timeline, the new slide seems to steal time from another slide instead of lengthening the timeline to contain the new slide (maybe with a default duration).

2. If I shorten the duration of a slide, it lengthens the next slide's duration.

Is there a way to ensure that slides durations aren't changed?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad, do any inserting, deleting and changing position of slides in slide view, not timeline.

This will keep all the other durations the same.

The box in the bottom right of the slide is the duration. You can change by typing in a new duration or adust with the up down keyboard arrows in half second intervals.

The box top right is the transition duration.

In timeline if you hover the mouse over the front edge of a slide it will change to a double headed arrow. Click and drag left to lengthen that slide duration and shorten the previous or drag right to lengthen the previous and shorten that slide.

Click in the centre of a slide and drag left or right to move all following slides along.

Jill