WnSoft Forums

'Add selected files to Project' shortcut

Kalain

8 hours ago, Kalain said:

I'm a bit surprised that's not possible to insert current selected file(s) into timeline with a shortcut like 'Insert' button !!

And this does not surprise me at all ... it turns out that you first need to select a file in the list, then click on the insert button (which is not and is not needed). It is much easier to immediately drag the mouse onto the timeline or double-click. You propose to complicate the program with minor innovations. What for? There are much more important features that I would like to see in new versions. For example, clearer highlighting (with color, for example) of files already added to the project. By the way, there are no "insert" buttons for files in the list in related programs, such as ProShow Producer or Photopia Director. Although they are really overloaded with unnecessary functionality.

Paul

On 9/30/2020 at 7:09 AM, stranger2156 said:

And this does not surprise me at all ... it turns out that you first need to select a file in the list, then click on the insert button (which is not and is not needed). It is much easier to immediately drag the mouse onto the timeline or double-click. You propose to complicate the program with minor innovations. What for?

When you browse files with arrows keys (up, down, left, right) from keyboard, it's much more easier to do this with 'Ins' key rather than to move your hand to mouse and drag and drag and drop.

Well, If I follow your point of view I wonder why PTE dev team added some useless shortcuts like Ctrl+A, Ctrl+D, Ctrl+F, Alt + F ?

Do not worry about overload, PTE dev team knows how to manage it and how to priorise requested features.

I do not know at all softwares you mentionned but I can mention some others softwares (in others domains) which have an insert or add shorcut. (F9 or 'Ins')