WnSoft Forums

Convert / Trim Video Clip Problem [SOLVED]

rosy

I've been editing a few video clips today, just converting, not trimming. The conversion / trim process finishes with a full screen view with two buttons bottom right PLAY & CLOSE, the close button works but the play button doesn't seem to. I assume it's there so you can see the results of what you have done to the clip in full screen view? I then tried it with a trimmed version & got the same result.

Rosy

PTE AV Studio 10, latest version & build.

Hi Rosy,

Yes. It should play the converted file using your default mp4 video player.

What is your operating system, Windows 10?

What happens if you click on the play button after you publish a HD video (.mp4)?

Tom

Hi Tom

Not sure what you mean by "What happens if you click on the play button after you publish a HD video (.mp4)?", the clip I've converted / trimmed operates as it should when the clip is placed on the timeline. I convert / trim my clips before placing them on the timeline. I'm using Windows 10 Home edition 64bit & Windows Media Player.

Regards Rosy.

Hi Rosy,

To publish a HD video is one method to export your slideshow. The Publish Show button is usually in the upper right corner of the screen (unless you customized the toolbars). HD and 4K video is one of the options when you click on the button. By publishing the show as a video you can click on the play button to verify your video player is working with PTE. After the video is created the screen should look like the convert video screen with the play button.

Also I would try double clicking on the created mp4 in Windows explorer to verify a media player opens and plays the video.

There are many video players besides the default Microsoft media player. I use PotPlayer most of the time but others use Media Player Clasic Home Cinema or VLC.

Thanks,
Tom

Publish HD Video.jpg

Hi Tom

I think I may not have explained my problem correctly. I select a video clip from the folder of slides or videos that I am using in the show, right click & select convert /trim from the options box, do one or other or both to the clip. When PTE finishes doing either or both, it ends with a full screen image of the last frame of the clip, in the centre is a green arrow depicting completion. Bottom right are two buttons Play & Close, single or double click the play button & nothing happens, maybe because the end frame is depicted? Click close & the converted /trimmed clip is shown in the file list with the original name or number with Converted added. Is it me or a bug? See attached screen shot.

Regards Rosy.

Play button frozen after trim or convert or both..jpg

5 hours ago, rosy said:

Bottom right are two buttons Play & Close, single or double click the play button & nothing happens, maybe because the end frame is depicted?

Hi Rosy,

I confirm this problem in the latest version of PTE 10.0.13, after the actions you have listed with the video file in the list of files. The play button does not work. The previous version (10.0.12) does not have this, playback works with the default video player.

Paul

3 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

Hi Rosy,

I confirm this problem in the latest version of PTE 10.0.13, after the actions you have listed with the video file in the list of files. The play button does not work. The previous version (10.0.12) does not have this, playback works with the default video player.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Which media player are you using?

Regards Rosy.

1 hour ago, tom95521 said:

Hi Rosy,

I understand now. It does not work for me either. I have not converted/trimmed videos in PTE since upgrading to version 10.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for testing the current version. I'm sure it worked in previous versions.

Regards Rosy

• Igor changed the title to Convert / Trim Video Clip Problem [SOLVED]
9 hours ago, Paul L said:

I tested this with a Dutch version 10.0.13 Build 4 and that Play button works as expected here.

22 hours ago, Igor said:

It happens if a file name of path contain space symbols.

Try to convert the video with a space in the file name in the same version.

Paul