WnSoft Forums

Seeing the Invisible

Barry, this is a great video, very professionally done. It is very difficult to single out something better from it. First, a very interesting topic. It was a revelation for me. Very fresh and interesting. Secondly, great photos. It is a pleasure to look at them. Thirdly, very high-quality editing and voice acting. looks like a good documentary. And fourthly, an excellent selection of music! Thank you for the pleasure of watching!

Aleina.

I’ve had my old 5D converted since 2014. If it came to the end of its life today, I’d locate another 5D and have that converted to replace it. I have not found Infrared to be just a 5 minute wonder, because it opens up a whole new world.

In the brightest, harshest sunlight, you can take images without that contrast issue you would have with normal light photography. The conversion process also means you can choose what light blocking filter to have fitted. Mine is the strongest to block out most visible light because I was after the powerful black and white images I recall with Infrared film.  A weaker visible light blocking filter will allow Infrared and visible light through and that’s how some introduce colour into their images.

You can’t give second hand cameras away these days, so it’s a consideration worth making