WnSoft Forums

Missing features list and forward projections

Hi Igor,

Over the last 4 months or so I, and others, have found a number of problems in PTE AV for Mac and you have fixed many of them. Congratulations and many thanks for all the teams efforts.

I sometimes forget and have to go back through older posts to find what some of the problems were. In some cases you have commented that particular features, such as voice recording or text shadow visualisation, are not yet available on the Mac.

There has been a recent discussion regarding the workflow around external editors which is a good example. https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/24319-alteration-to-a-slide/

Would it be possible for you to put together a list of the features currently NOT available in the Mac version and that you are working on?

This would help all of us and particularly newcomers who could spend quite some time trying to do something that is not possible.

It would be even better if you could give some idea of when these might become available even if it was a broad time line such as in the next 6 months or next 12 months. I do, however, understand the difficulty in this.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

If you answered this I am sorry but I seem to have missed it.

Would it be possible for you to put together a list of the features currently NOT available in the Mac version and that you are working on?

The question about external editors has been raised again today. For the third time by the same person which is a bit strange but a list which we could refer to would be most useful.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I added this point to the list of Known problems. Thanks.

Honestly, I didn't think that Edit File command is so popular, because I thought that usually JPEG files are mostly used.

Hi Igor,

I think you are right that most of us use jpeg files in our slideshows. I usually create a collection in Lightroom and then export jpegs to a specific image folder to build the slideshow.

I may however decide that I want to edit something on the jpeg after seeing it in a full screen preview. The easiest way is to use Edit in Photoshop. I usually add a suffix to the file name and save a second version to avoid over writing the original. It is then no problem to go to a different folder in tree view, back to the original folder and see the revised image. I do however recognise that some people may just want to overwrite the original jpeg.

This is certainly not a priority as far as I am concerned. If I wanted to make significant changes to an image I would most likely go back to Lightroom/Photoshop and export a new jpeg.

Peter

Hi Igor

well done developing the Mac version, a very pleasing innovation for me being an all-Apple guy.

I am about to start using PTE for Mac and would very much appreciate this list of features that currently don’t work in the Mac version. As Peter S says, I might otherwise be wondering why something won’t work that the information says should do. 

• 2 weeks later...