WnSoft Forums

Hi Dave,

You need to select at least one slide before the Styles & Themes option is available.

Once you've selected a slide, you can access Styles & Themes from either the Slides menu, or the button in the bottom left.

Does that help?

Gareth

Hi Dave,

Please read a good advice from Gareth above.

If it doesn't solve that problem, let me know:

1. Did you install the latest Beta 16? Check the Main menu > Help > About. If not, download Beta 16 here.

2. Did you use Slide Styles on Mac earlier? Or you install PTE AV Studio on Mac first time?

I installed PTE for the first time I tried to open as per Gareth still didn't work. I also did what you said and downloaded Beta 16. I also i went to purchase PTE Studio but it was showing Studio for PC not Mac but Pro can be used for Mac

I don't understand why because the trial version is PTE studio

Thanks Igor for your input

Probably you didn't allow for PTE AV Studio access to Documents folder? By default, custom styles will be stored in this folder.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy. Open the Privacy pane for me.
2. Select Files and Folders.
3. Select the tickbox below an app to allow it to access files and folders in that location.

We'll think how to solve this problem in future Beta version(s).

I installed PTE for the first time I tried to open as per Gareth still didn't work. I also did what you said and downloaded Beta 16. I also i went to purchase PTE Studio but it was showing Studio for PC not Mac but Pro can be used for Mac

I don't understand why because the trial version is PTE studio

Thanks Igor for your input

Beta 17 version - the Styles and Themes screen does not open from the button or drop down list.  I checked Igor's advice re Apple preferences and ticked boxes Removable Volumes - Document Folders and Desktop folders.  I also checked PTE preferences for Styles and Transitions.

Beta 15 version - Style and Themes working fine.  I checked and all the settings seem the same

Have not tried Beta 16

Stuart

Igor

I installed Beta 18 and the Styles window does not work.

I am using Big Sur

I went back to Beta 15 again the custom styles were missing so copied from external disk to Document folder PTE Styles etc - worked well

Followed your advice re Application Support and PTE Studio folder does not show any Styles - it only shows Project Extra Data - Registration 10.5 - Templates empty - Version 10.5

Question

I understand Custom Styles and Themes are stored in Documents etc

I assume Pre Installed Styles and Themes are stored in Application Hidden Folders?

When I SAVE a project in a main folder SLIDE SHOWS it saves the project but also under Resources there are Styles containing unknown groups of letters.  Are these groups of letters actual Styles and Themes or just References to Pre Installed and Custom styles?

Would it be better if I saved PTE projects in the same Document folder? 

I am quite happy to continue using Beta 15 and I am learning so much about PTE and also my iMac that I have had for 5 years!

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the confirmation.

You can add any reasonable number of images and video clips. No problem to add 300-500 images/video clips to the Slide list.

Also you can mix multiple images/video clips within one slide. Just remember, if you add too many mixed heavy images on one slide, it may consume a lot of memory and you may need faster Mac with 16GB of memory. Usually Mac have Retina screens 4K-5K and images consumes more memory than on a PC (FullHD screens).

As long as PTE AV Studio works fast and smooth, you don't reach limitations of your Mac.