WnSoft Forums

Problem unzipping a Zip backup now solved

I have been making Zip Backup of my last sequence and to check it had worked I decided to unzip and then reload into PTE.

I double clicked on the file. It didn’t work I just got an error 1 message or on another occasion it just reported unable to complete,  Failed.

I asked a friend if he was able to un zip the backup.  It worked for him he was using Unarchiver.

So I tried right clicking and accepted the default suggestion, it still didn’t work.

I then downloaded “ The Unarchiver” from the App store.  The next time I right clicked on the file, when Open with came up I chose The Unarchiver instead of the default one.

IT WORKED !

I don’t think that it had anything to do with PTE. 

I thought other users may find this note useful.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:05 PM, Ken S said:

I have been making Zip Backup of my last sequence and to check it had worked I decided to unzip and then reload into PTE.

I double clicked on the file. It didn’t work I just got an error 1 message or on another occasion it just reported unable to complete,  Failed.

I asked a friend if he was able to un zip the backup.  It worked for him he was using Unarchiver.

So I tried right clicking and accepted the default suggestion, it still didn’t work.

I then downloaded “ The Unarchiver” from the App store.  The next time I right clicked on the file, when Open with came up I chose The Unarchiver instead of the default one.

IT WORKED !

I don’t think that it had anything to do with PTE. 

I thought other users may find this note useful.

Ken,

I can't reproduce this problem. I started a new project and added a dozen of video files. Then created a backup in a ZIP - about 3.3 GB. I could unpack it using Finder (default utility) and open in PTE.

Probably this issue is related with a particular file in your project. Maybe unusual file name with special symbols. Try with a new project adding the same files to find a file which cause this problem.

Ken,

I don't know whethwer this is helpful or not? I use two zip programs Unarchiver or Stuffit(standard) Unarchiver is definately the better of the two and will open any file that is given to it providing that you select in preferences open all with this program. Let me know if you need to know how to do this. regards see you soon at Wilmslow

I had this problem with the default unzip that came with the computer.  When I installed and selected "Unarchiver" as the default for unzipping files I had no further problem.  When I tried the original supplied file I again had the problem.

I can't see any unusual file name with special symbols

I assumed that it was the unzip program causing the error.