WnSoft Forums

Coming From Producer ...

Display Name

Hi All, 

Before I purchase, I'm doing my due diligence researching how this program will function and if worth investing in. First question ....

Styles & Templates: Supplied? Purchase separately? If so, directly from WnSoft or others??? Either way, are there a good choice of selection of either/both if available?

Thanks!

And .... more question:  (I think this will be it and a decision made based on responses!)

• Purchase License: Wish I could find the answer in one place ... an agreement when you purchase but can't locate one.  Is this still allowed on two computers for single purchase (desktop & laptop)?
  • Subscription: It do find language saying it is not subscription based but what about upgrades? If so, how often do they come out? What is the charge for those? (I'm looking to buy Studio Pro.)

Hi

I moved from Windows ProShow Gold to FotoMagico (Mac) and for the last month, PTE AV Studio (Mac)

I use the software mainly for friends and family travels and am not in any way a really good photographer.  I show my slideshows on a TV and keep some on an IPad.

PTE is supplied with a lot of Styles that can be modified to suit and there are many many more that can be downloaded from Forum members without charge.  I have reproduced some Styles from Proshow Gold and have created a few basic styles but have only scratched the surface in terms of possibilities.

There are people selling Styles but have not used them yet so can not comment

The support from PTE has been excellent and the Forum is a very good source of help and advice.  There are a lot of really impressive shows that members have developed and Barry Beckham has produced great tutorials. I purchased the PTE license only for use as a Mac version and although it is still in Beta configuration, the people at PTE have been very proactive in solving teething problems.   You can use the Mac version in trial mode but am not sure about the Windows version.

Purchase License - I will only use on desktop so cant comment

Subscription - I do not have any subscription based programmes since I do not use them enough throughout the year and do not mind if I am not fully up to date with upgrades. Do not have enough exprience re frequency of ugrades for Windows version.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi & a Happy New Year.

Rather than try to answer your questions individually, use This Link to go to WNsoft's web site where all you would want to know about the programme can be found. Read the opening remarks then down at the bottom of the page, are various links to different topics, I'm sure you will get your answers there.

Rosy

14 minutes ago, Stuart175 said:

Hi

I moved from Windows ProShow Gold to FotoMagico (Mac) and for the last month, PTE AV Studio (Mac)

I use the software mainly for friends and family travels and am not in any way a really good photographer.  I show my slideshows on a TV and keep some on an IPad.

PTE is supplied with a lot of Styles that can be modified to suit and there are many many more that can be downloaded from Forum members without charge.  I have reproduced some Styles from Proshow Gold and have created a few basic styles but have only scratched the surface in terms of possibilities.

There are people selling Styles but have not used them yet so can not comment

The support from PTE has been excellent and the Forum is a very good source of help and advice.  There are a lot of really impressive shows that members have developed and Barry Beckham has produced great tutorials. I purchased the PTE license only for use as a Mac version and although it is still in Beta configuration, the people at PTE have been very proactive in solving teething problems.   You can use the Mac version in trial mode but am not sure about the Windows version.

Purchase License - I will only use on desktop so cant comment

Subscription - I do not have any subscription based programmes since I do not use them enough throughout the year and do not mind if I am not fully up to date with upgrades. Do not have enough exprience re frequency of ugrades for Windows version.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for reaching out. I am very impressed with what I'm seeing coming from Producer. I've seen a couple Barry Beckman training videos to see what it would be like to work with the program. Barry does a GREAT job explaining stuff. Also, this forum seems to have a ton of people participating (unlike Photodex did).

Hoping to get someone that has been around a bit to see what to expect over the years doing the upgrade thing.  I like to keep my software fresh and get frustrated learning new features!

Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

18 minutes ago, rosy said:

Hi & a Happy New Year.

Rather than try to answer your questions individually, use This Link to go to WNsoft's web site where all you would want to know about the programme can be found. Read the opening remarks then down at the bottom of the page, are various links to different topics, I'm sure you will get your answers there.

Rosy

HI Rosy,

I've been through their web site 3 times completely looking to find the answers to my questions with no luck at all. Either they are not there or I blame it on the heavy medication I'm on this week due to a major surgery. To be honest, the only real down fall I see to adapting this new program is the web site - not impressed! Take my questions on "Purchase License" and "Subscription".  Wouldn't it make sense to have the information right there before you decide to hit the "buy" button? I'm just not seeing it. Luckily, once my questions are answered and I decide to purchase, the web site  would not have played a big roll in my decision.

Unless you have specific links that answer my queries, I'm still not "seeing" it.

Thanks again, and I hope you also have a GREAT 2020.

All of the information you require is on this page: https://www.wnsoft.com/en/pte-av-studio/buy/

New versions (9 to 10 or 10 to 11) occur at about 12 month intervals and cost $39 (Pro). Minor updates are free.

Suggestions for new versions can be made via the forum and Beta testing is encouraged.

DG

P.S. Installation on Desktop and Laptop is allowed.

2 hours ago, Display Name said:

HI Rosy,

I've been through their web site 3 times completely looking to find the answers to my questions with no luck at all. Either they are not there or I blame it on the heavy medication I'm on this week due to a major surgery. To be honest, the only real down fall I see to adapting this new program is the web site - not impressed! Take my questions on "Purchase License" and "Subscription".  Wouldn't it make sense to have the information right there before you decide to hit the "buy" button? I'm just not seeing it. Luckily, once my questions are answered and I decide to purchase, the web site  would not have played a big roll in my decision.

Unless you have specific links that answer my queries, I'm still not "seeing" it.

Thanks again, and I hope you also have a GREAT 2020.

Sorry to hear you aren't well. As you are an experienced Proshow user, why not try the trial version first, it won't cost you anything & using it for 30 days should enable you to determine if you want it. There are no hidden costs associated with the programme. The main decision when buying is which version to choose. As you are an experienced user of the other programme I would choose the higher priced version as it contains everything you need.

Rosy.