WnSoft Forums

First of all - many thanks to Igor and his team for developing this software for Mac users!  So glad you did!

I've been using the Beta version for about a month, reworking a couple of AVs I produced about 10 years ago on a PC.  I'm really a beginner all over again!

However, I cannot find out to Publish a show to send to another potential Mac user, showing interest in using P2E.  There seems to be an option to create a P2E presentation to a PC user - but not to another Mac user.

The MP4 video option isn't playing properly for me (no sound) - and I don't want to send a Zip folder with all the images, audio etc.  Is there something I'm missing?

Ann,

I believe that mp4 is your only option at this stage in Beta testing.

If you are having trouble with sound in the mp4 you need to inform Igor so that he can investigate. Add details of your OS and Graphics etc.

DG.

Hi Ann,

I can verify sound is working on MP4 videos created on my M1 Mac Mini with PTE Studio Pro Beta 18. The PTE Mac media player is currently not available.

Tom

Hi Ann,

Welcome back. I have been going through the same relearning process. Do look at Barry Beckham's video tutorials. They should help enormously in getting you back up to speed. They are al made using a PC but there are not that many differences. Some of the keyboard shortcuts are different and some (only a few) shown as "pop ups" on the Mac don't work as expected. Igor said he will be working on these. See his recent post.

I have just tried a sound file in Beta 18 and published as HD and 4K video. This works fine with sound.

Which audio file format are you using for you original sound?

If you have not done so I suggest you try with an mp3 file.

Peter

On 1/2/2021 at 5:11 PM, Ann Owens said:

The MP4 video option isn't playing properly for me (no sound) - and I don't want to send a Zip folder with all the images, audio etc.  Is there something I'm missing?

Hi Ann,

Let me know - where you tried to play a created MP4 video? On Mac, Windows or TV? 

If Mac/PC, what player software you used?

I just created a MP4 video (1920 x 1080, High quality, 60p) for the Sample Project in the latest Mac version, Beta 18. Try this video:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/mac/Sample-Project-PTE10-Beta18-Mac.zip

It plays correctly on Windows, or in QuickTime on Mac.

Hi Igor

I'm using a Mac and am delighted with how P2E is working on it.  However, I would like to send a completed presentation to another Mac user who is thinking about buying the software and getting started with creating AVs. I don't want to send her a Zip folder - as the "workings" may be a little daunting to a potential new user!  I just want to send her the final show.  

On the PC (when I was last using this software about 10 years ago) you could just "Publish" a show and the end result could be sent to whoever wanted to see it.  I see you can still do this from a Mac by choosing to publish an executable file to play on a PC.  Is an MP4 file the best option for Mac to Mac sharing?  I guess it is?

I have created an MP4 video - which has not been too straightforward to view.  Clicking on 'Play' it tries to open in Camera Bag Pro but then nothing.  However, right clicking on the MP4 video file, I then chose Open With>Quick Time Player - when it eventually did open!

Am I being very stupid?  Is there a simpler way which I'm missing?

I don't want to sound as though I'm complaining!  Far from it!   I'm really pleased to have my favourite AV software on my preferred iMac computer - so a very big thank you for all the hard work you and your team have put into this.  I understand that Apple didn't make things easy for you guys by changing their iOS so frequently!

Regard

Ann

Ann,

The best option to share your show with other Mac users is to create a MP4 video.

24 minutes ago, Ann Owens said:

I have created an MP4 video - which has not been too straightforward to view.  Clicking on 'Play' it tries to open in Camera Bag Pro but then nothing.

It seems that this app (Camera Bag Pro) was automatically associated with MP4 video files on your Mac.

You can read this instruction how to associate MP4 videos with QuickTime (or any other video player):

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/42539/how-to-change-the-default-application-for-a-file-type-in-mac-os-x/

Or you can run QuickTime and drag a MP4 video file to a window of QuickTime (or icon in the Dock).

2. Also you can upload created a MP4 video file to YouTube or Vimeo. And share a link with other users.

Ann, feel free to send me your mp4 file by WeTransfer.  I will try to run it on my Mac's and get back to you. 

I use MovistPro on my Mac to view mp4's

almark dot net at gmail dot com
(to avoid the web spiders harvesting my email address ;-)