WnSoft Forums

LINK SPLITED AUDIO CLIP TO VIDEO CLIP

orizaba

An audio clip is linked to a video clip.

We split the audio clip in 3 parts, we remove central part and join 3th part with first part.

The first part keeps linked to the video clip. Not the 3th part.

When we try to link 3th part, yes, it links, but 1st part is not linked any more.

Is this normal?

If we make a zip file of the project, when we unzip do both parts keep linked, or the unlinked one changes position?

Thanks for some information.

1 hour ago, orizaba said:

When we try to link 3th part, yes, it links, but 1st part is not linked any more.

Is this normal?

Hi,

Having experimented a bit with audio files on soundtracks, I noticed the following binding features:
1. In your case, there was no need to try to link part 3 to the same slide, because it is already automatically attached to it.
2. Within one audio track, each pinned segment of the audio file transmits this link to all subsequent audio files.
3. An audio file associated with a specific slide overlaps all audio files to the left of it on the same track if the associated slide is moved to their side. In order to make a smooth transition at their junction with the overlap, you need to move the audio file on the left to another track.
4. When backing up to a ZIP file, all previously established links between audio files and slides are preserved.

Paul

2021-01-04_064807.jpg

PTE does not like it if you try to link audio clips to the same slide in case when the clips are on the same track. If you try to this in the Timelime, it does not work (as you have noticed). But you can do it, but only in the Audi tab in the Project Options.

There was a discussion on this subject here:

I often face the situation to have several short clips on the same track that belong to the same slide, and I like it to have them all linked to this slide. So I do it anyway, even if PTE marks them red in the Project Options, but it works.

8 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

2. Within one audio track, each pinned segment of the audio file transmits this link to all subsequent audio files.

This is not quite correct :rolleyes: The subsequent clips are only implicitly linked (not really linked). You will see that if you highlight the corresponding slide in the slide list, copy it, and paste it somewhere else. Only really linked clips will follow it. So, we see an inconsistency with PTE. When moving a slide in the slide list with the mouse, things seem to work well. But if you move it with copy, paste, and delete (original slide), the result can be a different one :(

Ok, thanks to all of you. After all these years using PTE, yesterday for the first time I split an audio file, just to try, and I could see this linking situation. For me it is much more clear and easy to put each audio clip in a diferent track. That is why in some of my projects I get 70+ audio tracks. For me no problem at all, and PTE handles it quite well.

41 minutes ago, jt49 said:

This is not quite correct

At what point did I make the wrong statement according to some of my observations when linking multiple audio files on the same track to a specific slide? I read the discussion of this topic at the link you provided. I do not pretend to be exhaustive on the 4 points that I have listed above. Your arguments, that here, in the topic, that in the old topic with the discussion of linking audio to slides, do not convince me. For several reasons. On one track, you cannot overlap sounds if they are all forced to play on the same slide. Each subsequent file truncates the previous one when overlapping. It would, of course, be great if the developers put everything the way you imagine. But as I understood from old discussions, it is not that easy. Apparently for this reason, the proposal has not yet been implemented.
There is another option ... put everything you want to link to one slide on different tracks and everything will be the way you want it. There is no red marking of errors in the sound parameters. Of course, many audio tracks can be required and this is the only problem along the way. To solve this problem, I would ask developers to create a container system similar to O&A for objects. This path may not be as difficult as linking multiple audio files on the same track to one slide.