WnSoft Forums

Barry Beckham's video tutorial "Advanced Animation and Custom Transitions # 006

Rosemary A

I have not used this technique so I don't know a precise answer.

However, do the images in the correct pages have a thin border which shows as the line between the pages? If so, do the incorrect pages have images which lack a border?

Where I've said "images" maybe that could be "frames."

Maybe others with far more expertise would offer help if you could attach a zipped version of the PTE file so that they could take a closer look at all the details.

I have just noticed that the page 1&2 line disappears as soon as the page turn animation starts.

Sorry if this is no help at all!

Hi Rosemary

The Backup in Zip is extremely useful generally. 
I do a Backup in Zip for every project I create. It is a very quick way to create a security backup of your work, as, in one click, it collects together copies of all the files you have used in that project, and zips them together.  It’s also handy for transferring a project from, say, a desktop to a laptop. 
Regards

wideangle

On 1/6/2021 at 11:36 PM, Rosemary A said:

When I have pages 1 and 2 open I can see the page separation line but when the page turns it is gone and does not appear in subsequent pages.

Hi Rosemary,

the dividing line appears due to the dark background at the bottom (since the first page in this slide is anchored to the cover). I would not change the design of the cover opening with the page attached to it. You just need to put a narrow strip of Solid Color of the same color as the page on the seam of the pages below. See the diagram in the picture.

Paul

P.S. If you want to keep this dividing line, you need to do in the reverse order - place a narrow strip of Solid Color in the cover color under the seam of the pages on all subsequent slides.

2021-01-09_071004.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully this is the end of this tutorial. Clearly I am in over my head but determined to finish!

When I apply the slide style for the book cover it works well. The problem is with pages 1 and 2 which is the start of the 2nd slide style used for the pages. There is no time to view the pages and I don't know what to do about it!

Slide Style Book_Jan16-2021_14-31-59.zip

Hi Rosemary,

The page numbering in a printed book has page 1 and odd numbers as the right-hand page and the even numbered pages on the left.

To make a book-style realistic, I do not think the first image should be on the reverse of the front cover. In the absence of a fly-leaf the first image should be on the first of the right-hand pages.

Why have you done the page layouts in PTE? Surely it would be easier and more accurate to do that in Photoshop, then the images on the facing pages would match up and you would get a consistent gutter each side of the fold.

If you were to rename your image files in a coherent way e.g. p2t and p2b for “page 2 top and page 2 bottom” or p1f for “page 1 full” it would be easier to see the structure.

You seem to have stretched the width of the images to fit the aspect ratio, which has done the people shown no favours.

Finally, At 7.000 sec into the show slide 2 appears and the page turn starts at the same time. Can you delay the start time of the page-turn animation?