WnSoft Forums

Beta 18 Notifications not disabled and Mouse Cursor not hidden [Solved]

Big Sur, M1 Mac Mini, Dual Monitor

A couple of minor issues.

I see email/news/weather notifications over Preview Screen. Under System Preferences, Notifications the PTE app is not listed. I think that is how you disable notifications for certain apps.

Also during Preview the mouse does not hide after 3 second timeout until I move it and then it will auto hide.

Thanks,
Tom

On 1/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, tom95521 said:

I see email/news/weather notifications over Preview Screen. Under System Preferences, Notifications the PTE app is not listed. I think that is how you disable notifications for certain apps.

Tom, 

Do you see any popup notifications when you watch a video a fullscreen view in QuickTime or VLC? Can you check?

On 1/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, tom95521 said:

Also during Preview the mouse does not hide after 3 second timeout until I move it and then it will auto hide.

Thanks, we'll fix it.

Yes I see notifications in QuickTime. After reading further it seems notification preferences allow apps to display notifications, not disable them. What is required is an automatic DND (Do Not Disturb) but I don't think there is an API for programs. So it may not be possible to fix unless the user manually disables DND by mouse click or maybe keyboard shortcut.

https://www.maintain.se/blog/set-a-do-not-disturb-keyboard-shortcut/

Thanks,
Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • tom95521 changed the title to Beta 18 Notifications not disabled and Mouse Cursor not hidden [Solved]