WnSoft Forums

New Year's decoration style

stranger2156

Hi,
set of styles with decorative elements for holiday and New Year presentations. Each element is in a self-contained control container. You can change scale, position and rotation in this container (only along the C and X axes). Slide time can be changed, but only with the obligatory scaling of key frames. The optimal slide time is 12 sec.

Paul

New Year Decoration (white).ptestyle New Year Decoration (color).ptestyle

Hi Paul,

Your rotating decorations reminds me of a wireframe sphere a few of us were playing with about 10 years ago. I remember someone embedding images in the center of the sphere. Your animated objects are very good.

Thanks,
Tom

This basic example was created in a couple of minutes using parent child with 10 degree object rotation. This video sample has artifacts compared to the PTE player version.

Hi Tom, chanfi22

thank you for your positive feedback!

9 hours ago, tom95521 said:

This basic example was created in a couple of minutes using parent child with 10 degree object rotation.

In my opinion, the illusion of 3D volume through the rotation of translucent rings is not the same as shown in the style of New Year's decorations. I hope you can see the difference yourself. Rotation of translucent rings or decorative elements on a transparent background is not difficult, because it does not imply the demonstration of the first and second plan. Everything intersects within itself, without the need to create any hierarchy and real imitation of 3D rotation.

Paul

Hi Paul

thank you and the members of your forum for creativity and quality work on interesting styles!
Once upon a time, when I was still working on my children's album, I wanted to insert a similar rotating garland into it. I started to work, but then gave up on this idea, as the garland made the project heavier. I still have this example and will show how I planned to do it. (Please ignore the errors, as this is an early version of the project that is being finalized).
But this my element of the garland (in my understanding) was not ideal, since it could not rotate at different speeds. I found a bug and fixed the rotating element, thanks to your style. I did it a little differently, at an angle of 30 degrees and without a mask. However, you can use any rotation interval in it, and it does not break the sequence of the layers. So he becomes a "perpetual motion machine". If anyone is wondering how my rotating element is made, here's the style. I cut the style image in half in Photoshop, but you don't have to, the style works great without cutting the image in half.

Rotating Element original.ptestyle

Rotating Element.ptestyle

44 minutes ago, Aleina Show said:

I did it a little differently, at an angle of 30 degrees and without a mask.

Hi Aleina, thanks for your positive comment.

Replacing the mask with a clipping is a good idea, but ultimately it doesn't change the essence of the matter. I do not quite understand the words in your message about the "perpetual motion machine", could you explain them. As I understand from the style, rotation is limited to half a revolution, i.e. 180 °.

Paul

Paul

Thanks for seeing my style. I no longer remember many of the intricacies of working on it, as I did it for a very long time. Excuse me. From what I remember. Each of the two halves rotates 180 degrees. Together it turns out 360. But exactly 180 degrees in the general rotation settings allow the images to rotate correctly with an imitation of a full circle, without getting lost in the order of the layers. This is exactly what I could not have achieved before. That is, you can put any number of repetitions in the modifier, the style will work correctly. This is what I meant by the phrase "perpetual motion machine".

Aleina.

9 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

Hi Tom, chanfi22

thank you for your positive feedback!

In my opinion, the illusion of 3D volume through the rotation of translucent rings is not the same as shown in the style of New Year's decorations. I hope you can see the difference yourself. Rotation of translucent rings or decorative elements on a transparent background is not difficult, because it does not imply the demonstration of the first and second plan. Everything intersects within itself, without the need to create any hierarchy and real imitation of 3D rotation.

Paul

I can see the difference. Layer visibility has always been a problem. I like how you solved it with masks. Some type of z-buffer type algorithm has been suggested in the past.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden-surface_determination

Thanks for making these styles.
Tom

53 minutes ago, Aleina Show said:

That is, you can put any number of repetitions in the modifier, the style will work correctly. This is what I meant by the phrase "perpetual motion machine.

Now it's clear what was meant, thanks, Aleina!

A half turn is not a problem, but then I went down the path of increasing to a full turn (360 °), and eventually to two full turns, setting the amplitude of rotation to 720 °. I must admit that you have chosen a more optimal path and got the best result in the end. My mistake was that I did not try alternative paths to get the optimal one. ))

43 minutes ago, tom95521 said:

Thanks for making these styles.

Thanks for your feedback, Tom!

Paul