WnSoft Forums

Style Downloads - source.pte

Wanderlust

This question may have been raised in the past but I will be damned if I can find the solution. And yes, I have researched high and low, watched numerous video tutorials, but still elusive. No doubt a very simple answer if someone can point me in the right direction.

Have been downloading different styles to try out and learn from. No problem, get a file with a ".ptestyle" extension and import it. Downloaded a few like "Kodachrome" which only have "source.pte" and "style.xml" files and maybe an image or two. Can't import them? Can open them and play with them to make them work but a lot of fiddling around and at the moment, I don't want to re-invent the wheel, I'm still learning :D.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks for the quick response. That is what I suspected, but having downloaded from what I would consider reliable sources, I trusted what I downloaded and I have quite a few that all fit that category. As a matter of interest, I just revisited Barry's website (https://beckhamdigital.photo/styles-themes/) where I got the Kodachrome style from. Definitely stated it was a style, so I re-downloaded and this time got the correct file. Last time, I got a zip file, this time, just the ".ptestyle" file. Makes me think I had better go back and check the other ones I am interested in. Maybe I hit wrong links or something.

Many thanks for that answer.

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

The .pte files are the working version of the project. Don't be afraid of them. For example, this is the only way to convey a project “as the author saw it,” including photos and music. You just need to double click on .pte file  to open it. To adapt the project to your needs, you need to manually replace the photos. But any project that you opened in the program, you can save as a style for future use, if it is more convenient for you.

Regards

Aleina

Hi Aleina and many thanks for your reply. Apologies for the delayed reply, but I got caught up with other things.

Thought that may be the case and definitely not afraid of things :D, just lazy when I can be. You know, select 3 or 4 images, click on a style and bingo... :rolleyes: No doubt, given time, I will end up with a bunch of modified styles "as I see them".

Regards

Peter