WnSoft Forums

Action on mouse click - Go to time [SOLVED]

We have "Go to Slide With Name". It works great for photos but not for long duration videos. It would be great if we could jump to a specific time in the slideshow. It would be useful for video bookmarks since we do not have an easy method to split video like we have for audio.

I don't think that it would be very useful. Example: You start with a blank slide, and if decide to change its duration, the times for your jumps have to be changed, as well.

For videos: What about distributing you video across several slides (first instance as master, the other ones linked to it)?

Hi JT,

I don't think I would use a feature that requires me to offset the start time of the video for multiple slides. If absolute time reference is not a solution then maybe slide name + relative time is a better solution. Another possible solution would be if we could name keyframes we could have the button action "Go to Keyframe". I'm sure there is a workable solution that saves time.

My specific use is a training video slideshow with F1 window that has chapter markers to offset into video.

Thanks,
Tom

If you are working with a master video followed linked instances, you don't have to enter offsets. Just enter the video several times (with different slide names), set the first instance to be a master (instead of being a single clip), and link the others to this master (change "single clip" to "Link to: ..."). Then shift the transition points to position in the video where you want to jump to. The video will run seamlessly across the transition points without the use of offsets.

In timeline view I can set the red line time cursor and right click on the video and select "Trim Beginning of Video". The end of the video can be set by click and drag. Is this the method you are using to adjust the transition points? If it is fast and simple then I'm all for using that method.

No trimming at all, no offsets, just do what I've said.

From the Online Help:

Single Video / Master Video Button

• Single Video Clip plays only for the duration of the current slide
  • Master Video track - If the same video is added to multiple slides the first instance of the video can be set to Master Video Track. All further instances on subsequent slides can be set to “Link to <the Master Video Track>”. The result is a Video clip running continuously over multiple slides

Unless I am missing something I still have to adjust each slide duration in the timeline so that the next slide starts at the proper time in the video. I find it hard to preview the video while changing the slide duration, but probably just need to practice. I have tried slide view and timeline view and it's hard to get an accurate position in the video.

Thanks. I will keep playing with the option until it becomes easier.
Tom

9 hours ago, tom95521 said:

Unless I am missing something I still have to adjust each slide duration in the timeline so that the next slide starts at the proper time in the video. I find it hard to preview the video while changing the slide duration, but probably just need to practice. I have tried slide view and timeline view and it's hard to get an accurate position in the video.

Thanks. I will keep playing with the option until it becomes easier.
Tom

Hi Tom

If I am adding slides to a video I do it from the O&A screen, using the opacity settings to make the slides appear & disappear.

Rosy

5 hours ago, jt49 said:

How would you find out the specific time to which you want to jump?

By watching the video and marking the location. I admit I can do the same thing using the master/link video option and inserting custom transition point (+) in timeline view plus fine tuning using slide start timer adjustment to the right. I usually don't use variable length slide duration timed to music or a video scene. It's just a different way of thinking that I am used to (video editors that can split video).  Old habits die hard.

Thanks,
Tom

6 hours ago, rosy said:

Hi Tom

If I am adding slides to a video I do it from the O&A screen, using the opacity settings to make the slides appear & disappear.

Rosy

Hi Rosy,

Yes. The great thing about PTE is that there are so many different ways to do things. I just need to be flexible enough to bend my way of thinking instead of hitting a brick wall.:)

Thanks,
Tom

• tom95521 changed the title to Action on mouse click - Go to time [SOLVED]