WnSoft Forums

V-10.0.14 would not create .exe file [SOLVED]

Laszlo K

This is the first time ever. I just finished a project that I made about a year ago when I published it in 3 different file format an MP4 at 30p, another MP4 at 60p uncompressed and an .EXE file. They all play perfectly. About a week ago I decided to re-edit the project. Changed the name of the project by adding a space and 02 to it, then re-saved with the new name (that is what I do all the time). Worked on some images, change the play order and change the timing/sync. I made the MP4-30 and 60p version but it would refuse to create the executable version.

The file is 6 minutes long and 1.3 and 2.1GB respectively. Yes it is big. but was never an issue.

When I click on the Publish button the create window just visible for a split second. That is all. There is no setting pop up for the .EXE publishing.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Regards Laszlo

Thanks for the reply, but splitting is not a solution. The executable was done in the V 9.0....have no idea. Definitely not fro the V 10 series

Laszlo

Well I have made some tests from 9 image to 130 up to about 1GB and it was OK it made 4 exe's at different volumes. Used most of the same files as the original (which is 90 image with 4 tracks of music music, some layers). I doubt that the size is the issue.

So at this point I will have to dissect the project and check each image, transition or hidden image somewhere along the timeline. Possible hiccup on any of the 4 audio track. 

It did happened this and I just had to re-save each track and it would work. I use only wav files, don't like mp3 quality.

Laszlo

So I have removed the  first half (39 images and audio track) then did the same with the second half having the first half back on the time line.

Still would not do executable. At this point I will start with 10 images from the project at a time and see where it will choke. Will let you know .

Laszlo

Laszlo,

Can you save a copy of this project and simplify it as possible? Remove slides and audio files while this problem still can be reproduced. Then use Create a backup in a ZIP command and send me this project. We'll check it.

You can use WeTransfer.com to send me a download link in a personal message.

Well I got a smarter.

I did rebuild the project from scratch and all was going just fine. Created the EXE no problem ,images and music all. But the moment I put my own Icon in place of the regular executable icon it would not create exe. The moment I removed it was no problem. So the personalized EXE ICON is the problem.

So in case some other picky person like me try to have things personalized it could be a problem.

It did work with all the versions before but not with the V10

Hope this might put some light on someone others issue.

Thanks for all involved

Laszlo

Hi Igor

Yesterday I tried to recreate the icon but the program I had would not work I guess Win 10 & update created a conflict with it. So I downloaded and installed a different icon converter and re-did all my icons (5 of them) from the same png files I still had. Now all works. So at this point since I deleted the faulty icons yesterday evening I can not send you the problem ones.

I tested programs from 2015 to 17 with the new icons and it all works well. The new program is called Free ICO Converter.

Laszlo

• Igor changed the title to V-10.0.14 would not create .exe file [SOLVED]