WnSoft Forums

How to save pictures used in a show.

Rosemary A

Thank you Barry for this very informative video. I like to save the pictures etc in one folder along with the show link and then when I reopen a show months or years later and see that dreaded window pop up " Some files from this show are missing. Would you like to search for them" all I have to do is point PTE in this case, towards the saved file.

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary

I’ve just tracked down a conversation we had many moons ago about using Backup in Zip (see below)

Hi Rosemary

The Backup in Zip is extremely useful generally. 
I do a Backup in Zip for every project I create. It is a very quick way to create a security backup of your work, as, in one click, it collects together copies of all the files you have used in that project, and zips them together.  It’s also handy for transferring a project from, say, a desktop to a laptop. 
Regards

wideangle]

Obviously it’s slipped your mind!!

I would get into the habit of using it at the end of every project you complete, as a way of getting an immediate backup of all the files in one place. Not only are you collecting your pictures together, but you are pulling in all other used files eg audio etc.

Regards

wideangle

Saving the show as a Template will do exactly what you want.

It also has the advantage in that all of your shows will be in one place - a Templates folder.

Plus all of your shows can be accessed directly from PTE without the need to go searching and unzipping.

You can easily copy the Template folders to another PC and they will be available within PTE on that computer also.

Not sure about it but I would assume they will also work with the Mac version in the same way.

I create a Template for all of my shows.