WnSoft Forums

Video Loops

Almark

First image has the video set to Master video track, (close up.mov) second and third has video set to Link To. But only the first video plays, the others do not. It doesn't matter what I set them to, Master, Single or Linked. Only the first one plays.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 23.18.18.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 23.18.29.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 23.18.43.jpg

Mark,

I can't reproduce this issue on Mac or Windows. Did you try to add the same video in a new test project?

In a new project, I add a new video clip as Slide1. Set "Master video track". Then copy and paste this slide as Slide2 (it automatically becomes libnked video). Or I add the same video clip as Slide2 and link it manually with Master video clip. All works fine.

I think a user would expect slide 2 to start from the beginning of the video but instead slide 2 just pauses instead of playing. Slide 1 duration must be shorter than video duration for slide 2 to play the video.

Tom

Example from my Mac M1.

https://we.tl/t-9qHEnzADO7

https://www.loom.com/share/31e1306a0c204b05874a944a71baad43

Hi Mark,

Slide 1 is fade from black and .5 seconds long. Slide 2 has the master snow video and slides 3-5 are linked to this video. The snow video is 15 seconds long. Slide 6 begins at 26 seconds. The video plays for 15 seconds then stops. That is normal for a linked video that plays over multiple slides. You could create a longer 26 second snow video or change from linked video to single video on each slide. I did this but I had to update the file path to the video for some unknown reason. Then the video plays until slide 6. It will not require more computer resources if each slide has the same copy of a video.

Amazing slideshow and I hope you share it with the forum when finished editing.

Thanks,
Tom

Test Project created from new. One blank and three images, one dot mov video file. Slide 2 has video set to Master, then copied and pasted into slide 3 and 4, which automatically changes it to 'Linked to'. It still doesn't work for me with Beta 27. Please have a go.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/acd6f48f711c72a5141a77b26bbb17e120210314184542/cf2edffab1e1b0573918a4358c8f718c20210314184542/d96e1f

The PTE Feature you are using is NOT designed for LOOPING Video. The video must be long enough to do the job required.

It is designed to play a video for the Video's duration over x number of slides.

Suggestion: 

Start a new Project

Add the Snow Video sufficient times to create a long enough video for your project.

Save it as an MP4

THEN add it (the MP4) to your project in the way described - Master and Linked.

It should work.

DG

P.S On second thoughts I do not think that you create the long mp4 as I described in PTE - you will have to create the long MP4 in some other software.

Mark, you should be able to create the longer video in PTE, just be careful to align the start & end points of each clip so that it flows.

If it is falling snow (as in All Human Beings?) then you may just be able to add the single video to each slide.
Again depends on how it flows from slide to slide.

As Dave says the video must be long enough to cover the slides you require to use Master & Linked video.

You could try slowing it down to make it longer?

Jill

9 hours ago, jkb said:

If it is falling snow (as in All Human Beings?) then you may just be able to add the single video to each slide.
Again depends on how it flows from slide to slide.

I would try this option. Your transitions might hide "the join".

DG

Jill, Dave, thank you both for your help. In 'All Human Beings' I wanted the 'itchy scrachy' clip (film age lines and dust) to exist all the way through the sequence. In the end, I used it just at the beginning and the end, as I could get it to work. On reflection, I think this approach sort of 'tops and tails' it and possibly is more effective. 

I did use the same snow dot mov file in 'All Human Beings', just two places where there was snow on the ground. Again using it sparingly, I think helped (rather than snowing all the way through.

Am I right in thinking that if I was using the Windows version that I would have been able to use the Master / Link to approach?

Mark, I agree that just using effects sparingly as you have is better than all the way through. I think that would have spoiled it.

I assume that both the Windows & Mac do the same thing, would seem strange if they don't.

There are bugs in the Windows version if you try to change timings after setting up the Master/Link.
Not tried it for a while so assume they still exist.

Maybe Igor can look at it once the mac version is finished.

Jill

Am I right in thinking that if I was using the Windows version that I would have been able to use the Master / Link to approach?

No, Mark. The reason why it will not work for you is that your Snow.MOV is too short.

Try a little experiment with a longer video and see how many slides you can overlay using Master for slide 1 and Link for all subsequent slides.

DG