WnSoft Forums

Discussion of PTE AV Studio 10.5 for Windows (Beta)

Igor

27 minutes ago, denisb said:

2 slideshow.ptshow (one for Windows, one for Mac) different. Is it compulsory when there is video in the show ?

Denis, in the final version .ptshow files created on Windows or Mac will be equal.

1 hour ago, denisb said:

when I try to download PTE AV Player I see the PTE AV Studio page download

We'll update this page next week.

1 hour ago, denisb said:

mouse click is erratics, sometimes it works, sometimes not and in this case PTE AV Studio explorer return to C:

Can you send me a message with details how to reproduce this problem? And where exactly it occurs? File tree, File list, main menu, Slide list, Timeline view, editor of objects?

8 hours ago, Big John said:

Avast Virus Checker didn't like the downloading .exe file but eventually agreed it was ok!

John,

I've checked the new Beta (pteavstudio-setup.exe file) on VirusTotal online service with 69 anti-virus scanners. No problems found. Report:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/4bcc781aa8e243b798e06919937c1ad49148a5edebcae7efe0431712276b2c89/detection

A potential issue may be in a new file link for the Beta version. When a file is being downloaded many times, it will increase a trust to the download link.

Please let me know, if this issue will occur again.

2 hours ago, Igor said:

Denis ...

Can you send me a message with details how to reproduce this problem? And where exactly it occurs? File tree, File list, main menu, Slide list, Timeline view, editor of objects?

Hi Igor

I reproduced Denis'S problem. For example when using File Menu -> Open I often have to click twice to open the explorer window

Another strange behavior : launching PTE AV Studio 10.5 and the following window appears :

image.jpeg.fd44d37b4947fd86bcc509f63561f61b.jpeg

Via DXDIAG command I verified that my DirectX version is up to date DirectX12. But unfortunately following this message I am unable to launche PTE AV Studio : the same Window is always opened.

And by the way I have the same message when launching PTE 10.0.14. I will restart my labtop and hope the problem disappears when launching PTE 10.0.14

2 hours ago, Jean-Cyprien said:

In O&A window the "Clear Slide List" command works (sometimes, not always - according to the number of slides ? ) in "Timeline" mode but not (never ?) in "Slides" mode.

( It was already like this with version 10.0 )

Hi Jean-Cyprien, 
Thanks! We'll fix it.

2 hours ago, chanfi22 said:

Another strange behavior : launching PTE AV Studio 10.5 and the following window appears :

Via DXDIAG command I verified that my DirectX version is up to date DirectX12. But unfortunately following this message I am unable to launche PTE AV Studio : the same Window is always opened.

And by the way I have the same message when launching PTE 10.0.14. I will restart my labtop and hope the problem disappears when launching PTE 10.0.14

Tell me details about your computer in a personal message - graphics card (date of drivers) and version of Windows.

It seems that graphics drivers don't work correctly, I recommend to update graphics drivers. PTE AV Studio cannot initialize DirectX 3D mode. 

P.S. I've reproduced the problem discovered by Denis in the main menu. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Jean-Cyprien said:

In O&A window the "Clear Slide List" command works (sometimes, not always - according to the number of slides ? ) in "Timeline" mode but not (never ?) in "Slides" mode.

The "Clear Slide List" command, as far as I know, is located only in one place (a small triangle in the lower right corner of the main program window). Slides are deleted by this command in both the Slides mode and the Timeline mode. Regardless of the number of slides.

P.S. Perhaps we are talking about different things, but I did not find another place with this command.

Paul

2021-02-12_172728.jpg

5 hours ago, Igor said:

Tell me details about your computer in a personal message - graphics card (date of drivers) and version of Windows.

It seems that graphics drivers don't work correctly, I recommend to update graphics drivers. PTE AV Studio cannot initialize DirectX 3D mode. 

P.S. I've reproduced the problem discovered by Denis in the main menu. Thanks.

Hi Igor

I sent you a personal message regarding your request.

Regards

I might have missed a posting about the subject but will the Windows version of PTE have a separate player like the Mac version? I think the .ptshow data only format is ideal for sharing and playing larger than 4 GB files. This would be in addition to existing .exe and .zip formats, not replace them.

Thanks,
Tom

Maybe the player as a separate beta in the future. We can already create Mac .ptshow files in 10.5.

It is interesting when I tried replacing the PC version of Sample Project.ptshow with the Mac version the file sizes were different. The PC version was 30 MB and the Mac was 19 MB. The Mac .ptshow must have a different data format than PC.

Tom