WnSoft Forums

Discussion of PTE AV Studio 10.5 for Windows (Beta)

Igor

On 2/11/2021 at 4:44 PM, Igor said:

We need your help with testing to make sure that all functions and commands work correctly.

I have already noted in another topic that the red line of the player's slider (both in the main window and in Ou0026A) does not respond to mouse movements if the cursor is placed directly on the line. For several days of working on a new project, I became convinced that this leads to great inconvenience. For example, I cannot start moving from the place where the red line is installed. You should always click next to it, in which case the line moves to another position. Or, say, if you accidentally hit the line while broaching, you also cannot move it. From the user's point of view, this 'freezing' needs to be eliminated.

Paul

1 hour ago, stranger2156 said:

I have already noted in another topic that the red line of the player's slider (both in the main window and in Ou0026A) does not respond to mouse movements if the cursor is placed directly on the line. For several days of working on a new project, I became convinced that this leads to great inconvenience. For example, I cannot start moving from the place where the red line is installed. You should always click next to it, in which case the line moves to another position. Or, say, if you accidentally hit the line while broaching, you also cannot move it. From the user's point of view, this 'freezing' needs to be eliminated.

Paul, thanks, we'll fix it.

When installing PTE 10.5 b28 it no longer asks which previous version to copy setting from.
So I have had to set it up from scratch.

This is the first 10.5 beta I have downloaded.

All previous versions of PTE ask which version to copy settings from.
Will this be corrected in the final version?

Jill

Jill,

I just checked - when you install PTE 10.5 Beta first time, it offes import settings from PTE 10, or 9, or earlier version.

All Beta of 10.5 shares the same folder with settings and in Program Files. So if you already installed install previous Beta, it will not offer you import settings. But I see that you wrote about the first installation.

Tomorrow we plan to publish the Release Candidate version, it will use use a new folder. Please try again that future version and let me know about a result.

Hi Igor, thanks I will try again with the new version tomorrow.

Another problem we discovered tonight when giving a demo of PTE to both Mac & Windows users.

If you add slides in slideview (or fullscreen Filelist) the filename now goes Bold & changes to a blue colour.
The blue is not that easy to see in light mode, maybe red would be better.

If you then delete all the slides in the slidelist, the filenames still remain Bold & Blue.

You need to click on another folder folder then come back to the original folder for them to reset.

Tried on both the Windows and Mac version & it happens in both.

Jill

7 hours ago, jkb said:

If you then delete all the slides in the slidelist, the filenames still remain Bold & Blue.

You need to click on another folder folder then come back to the original folder for them to reset.

Tried on both the Windows and Mac version & it happens in both.

Hi Jill,

Please can you record a screen video to show this problem? I cannot reproduce it, nor Windows nor Mac.

7 hours ago, jkb said:

If you add slides in slideview (or fullscreen Filelist) the filename now goes Bold & changes to a blue colour.
The blue is not that easy to see in light mode, maybe red would be better.

Does Blue bold font looks better to highlight used files than just bold font in previous versions?

I would prefer to avoid use of red color to not make File list motley.

On the issue of highlighting the added files to the presentation ... the proposed solution (as before, highlighting only the first indexed file in each slide) does not solve the issue on the merits. Be able to have a complete overview of the files added to the presentation, both indexed and all others. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense, just change the color. As for the color, the blue is not very noticeable, I would prefer bright red or green.

Paul

Igor, the problem of files remaing Bold & Blue occurs in Full screen view of filelist.

Add slides, either by dragging from filelist, double clicking in Filelist, or from Full Screen view of Filelist.

Those selected show Blue & Bold.

Remove one or more slides from slidelist (or from full screen Slidelist)

The name goes back to normal in the Filelist, but in Full screen Filelist it is still Blue & Bold.

Coming out of Full screen & clicking on another Folder, then return to original Folder and full screen view & the filenames are now back to normal.

The Blue colour needs to be brighter as doesn't stand out that much in either Light or Dark Mode.

Jill

Thanks.

Something else I have noticed is in O&A

When Cloning a keyframe it used to set the new Cloned keyfram 0.5 sec after the original.
Now the distance seems to be an arbitary number & varies depending on the screen time of the slide.

This also happens in 10.14
I don't have earlier versions on this computer to check.
Not really important as I never look at the numbers, but noticed it when giving demos to beginners - especially all the new Mac workers.

Jill

8 hours ago, stranger2156 said:

As for the color, the blue is not very noticeable, I would prefer bright red or green

I agree with stranger2156 about the invisibility of blue on light and dark themes. The green color is also sometimes difficult to see. Better and more noticeable will be red color. It is still possible to apply underlining.