WnSoft Forums

Chess

MUR

I tried to watch on my Mac but inside the zip container file is a single .exe instead of a "Safe Executable File for PC". Without a separate data file (.pteshow/.pteav) the show is not viewable on Macs. If you want as many viewers as possible to watch a slideshow then I think the "Safe Executable File for PC" method is currently the only method.

In the future I hope Windows has the same PTE AV Player capability (installed as a separate app and file association) as the Mac version. The other option might be some sort of decompiler that can extract .ptav files from .exe slideshows, but that sounds complicated.

Thanks,
Tom

My experience is different to that of Tom. I viewed your original (.exe) file and it opened and played well on my iMac.

I have downloaded the latest PTE AV Player.

It's an impressive piece of work, your Chess piece.

Are you a Windows or Mac user? (This may be a naïve question!)

On 3/28/2021 at 4:07 AM, macian said:

My experience is different to that of Tom. I viewed your original (.exe) file and it opened and played well on my iMac.

I have downloaded the latest PTE AV Player.

It's an impressive piece of work, your Chess piece.

Are you a Windows or Mac user? (This may be a naïve question!)

If you can play the .exe on an Intel processor Mac then you are probably using either 1) Bootcamp 2) VMWare Fusion 3) Parallels.

It might be possible in the future Igor could associate .exe files with the PTE AV Player and it would automatically extract the .pteav/.ptshow data.

Definitely great slideshow of 3D animation.

Thanks,
Tom

1 hour ago, tom95521 said:

If you can play the .exe on an Intel processor Mac then you are probably using either 1) Bootcamp 2) VMWare Fusion 3) Parallels.

I do not have any of those on my Mac.

Interesting. There are two other apps I have never used. Maybe you have Wine or CrossOver installed?

For me the file CHESS.zip extracts to CHESS.exe. CHESS.exe will extract out to a 0 byte % file. 

Another unsolved mystery.

Tom

Thanks for your opinions.

If you have seen another of my 3D animation works, titled Fantasies, there is another tower, but I did not do them in the same way

You can see it in Slideshow club, looking for "Fantasies"

MUR