WnSoft Forums

Mac output and windows pc

stonemason

Congratulations to Igor and the team on PTE AV Studio 10.5 

My question is if a slideshow is output as a Mac version from windows PTE AV Studio 10.5, is it possible to play that mac output on a windows PC for checking purposes with a player similar to the Mac one.

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

In version 10.5 (regardless Windows or Mac version) Show for Mac and Safe EXE for Windows commands create the same .pteav show file which can be played on Windows and Mac.

On Mac you need to use a free PTE AV Player to open .pteav show.

On PC you run the launcher (EXE) included in a ZIP archive when you use Safe EXE option.

In other words, you can extract the EXE launcher from any Safe EXE show to play any .pteav show created for Mac. When the launcher doesn't find its original show, you'll see the open file window to choose another .pteav show.

I tried using this method from a Menu and although it works I wonder if some will think it an annoyance to have to re-direct the .pteav file in order to work. It would (perhaps) interrupt the flow of a sequence of shows (on a Windows PC) where the shows are a mixture of Windows .exe files and MAC .pteav shows?

DG

You can use the command "Run Application ...". Call the launcher (e.g. with name Player.exe) with the PTEAV-file as parameter: Player.exe "Show4712.pteav" (without paths if Menue, Player and Show are in the same folder).

I'm not sure if this is how it works for everyone else but on both Windows and Mac I  just use "Run Slideshow With Return"  and point to the .pteav file. It seems to work fine. I'm guessing it just uses the same player in memory instead of loading a new copy.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Igor,

Good to know. Also, if there is a directory path in front of the filename does PTE first look in that directory, then if it does not find the file, also look in the current working directory? I try to remember to remove the path in front of filename but not sure if that is required?

Thanks,
Tom