WnSoft Forums

Security Camera.

rosy

Since we moved from a town centre apartment to a semi rural bungalow, we have been plagued with the lawns being used as animal toilets. As there is quite a large animal population around here, I wasn't sure wich animal was the culprit. Last week I dug out the mower from the garage & started on the larger rear lawn which backs onto open fields, on the second strip, "squelch" I'd trodden in something nasty which stunk to high heaven & filled the cleats on my new gardening boots.

I completed both lawns then sat down to find some way of preventing this happening again. My first thought was some form of animal repellent, then I looked at high frequency transmitters, & finally chose this one as it had solar re-charging & no on cost. Ultrasonic Animal Repeller, . It arrived after a couple of days & I installed it in the rear garden.

I then wondered how I would know if it was working, I had a voucher from Currys which they sent after messing up a previous order, so I searched what they had & chose a TP-Link Tapo C100, Tapo C100 . 

When it arrived, I spent 4 hours trying to pair it up to my Samsung Galaxy A20e Smart phone. Eventually, I succeeded & positioned the camera on the spare bedroom window cill. I checked what it was seeing a few times during the evening & did see a bird fly by, but after dark nothing.

This morning, I removed the memory card from the camera & played back what it had recorded, BINGO, I'd caught a possible culprit. The video starts black which is a blank slide, then a dusk shot, then I think the motion sensor caught the cat landing after jumping from the neighbours fence, it then stalks across the lawn, & you can just see the cat scarer flashing in the r/h lower quarter of the picture.

I think the cat in question belongs to my next door neighbour!!!!

Rosy.

Hi Tom

I actually rendered it down to medium quality @30p in PTE to get the size to fit in a post. The original is quite good considering the price of the camera. Only problem I've found with it is the night setting, haven't found it yet.

Cheers Rosy.