WnSoft Forums

Full Screen View (F3) of File List [SOLVED]

tom95521

PTE 10.5. If I right click on a video in full screen file list there is a convert/trim video clip option but it does not seem to do anything? It is the same on Mac and Windows. I can still convert/trim in the normal file list.

Thanks,
Tom

1 hour ago, tom95521 said:

PTE 10.5. If I right click on a video in full screen file list there is a convert/trim video clip option but it does not seem to do anything?

In the latest version 10.0.14, everything is the same. It would be logical to disable the Convert / Trim Video Clip line in the large file list window if this is only supported in the small window.

P.S. As far as I understand, in previous versions this circumstance did not bother anyone, to convert and crop video (if necessary) only in a small window of the file list.

Paul

The location where I miss not having the convert/trim option is in the slide list. If you decide you want to trim a video after it's a slide then you have to delete the slide and trim and add again. As far as I know (not verified) if you use the Objects and Animation option Adjust Time Range it does not change the size of the slideshow unless you produce a video. 

Maybe it is possible to use the convert/trim video clip option as an external editor but I don't know how.

Tom

open a 2nd copy of PTE, trim your video in that & then replace the original with the trimmed version.

personally I use O&A, unless it is a really long video & I only want a few seconds of it.
But I always make an MP4 these days rather than exe

Jill

9 hours ago, tom95521 said:

Maybe it is possible to use the convert/trim video clip option as an external editor but I don't know how.

Tom

Hi Tom

Are you saying Mac or Windows? I only use Windows & since version 9 I have used this method. With the video clip showing in the panel next to the folders,  the shots below show basically what I do.

1 Right click clip to be edited before adding to timeline.

2. Select Trim / convert video clip.

3, Select / change pre-set boxes & click Trim video

For some reason the working box opens small, select the maximise box for full screen view. To trim the clip, simply, run it through to where you want it to start & drag the L/h triangle to that position. Then drag the r/h triangle to where you want it to end, then click OK. PTE then produces a separate clipe to the parameters you have set, it wil have a "converted " to the clip name/number.

Knowing you Tom I'm sure you must have done this before, hope I'm not teaching "Grandma to suck eggs". 

Regards Rosy. PS, you can do much more to the clip such as speed, colour & brightness in PTE that what I've shown.

vid1.jpg

vid2.jpg

vid3.jpg

vid4.jpg

19 hours ago, tom95521 said:

PTE 10.5. If I right click on a video in full screen file list there is a convert/trim video clip option but it does not seem to do anything? It is the same on Mac and Windows. I can still convert/trim in the normal file list.

Tom, we've fixed it for the future update 10.5.1. Thanks.

When Igor optimized video playback of video files in PTE 10 the convert/trim feature was removed from the slide list.

I never thought about Jill's option of opening a second copy of PTE and replacing the video. That would work.

Rosy, the option that does not work is only in full screen file list (F3 or up arrow above file list). Yes, it works great in the normal file list.

The right click option in full screen file list should probably be removed, enabled, or disabled (grayed out) just to avoid users like me noticing the option.:)

I will probably create an Ideas and Suggestions for trim option or auto trim (based on video time range) during slideshow .pteav creation.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Rosy,

Advantage of video trimming in slide list is a convenience if you change your mind instead of deleting and adjusting in file list. The advantage of fullscreen slide lightbox simulation is great if your eyes are tired. I think F3 (file list) and F4 (slide list) with ctl/cmd + scroll wheel zoom and space bar preview are really nice.

Tom

4 hours ago, Igor said:

Tom, we've fixed it for the future update 10.5.1. Thanks.

This is the biggest reason why I promote the software. Issues are handled asap.

Keep up the great work Igor and team.

A happy customer,

Kieron

3 hours ago, nelson said:

This is the biggest reason why I promote the software. Issues are handled asap.

Keep up the great work Igor and team.

A happy customer,

Kieron

Absolutely true. I can't think of any software I have used over the last 30+ years with support as good as this.

Tom

• Igor changed the title to Full Screen View (F3) of File List [SOLVED]