WnSoft Forums

PTE-EXE and WLAN speaker

Politer

For presentations I want to run PTE-Exes on a WIN10-PC . The sound should appear on a WLAN-connected speaker .

Up to now I couldn't manage to get that working - are there any suggestions/solutions  for me ?

Thanks for your help - Paul

Hi Politer

Does the speaker come with a wireles USB transmitter? to plug into the PC. My wireles mouse & keyboard have USB transmitters. Or is it Bluetooth. Give us the make & model of the speaker & we can delve into the instructions.

Rosy.

Hi Rosy ,

thanks - the speaker is a QUADRAL Breeze 2 and has got in-built BLUETOOTH and WLAN capabilities . There a no USB transmitters at all .

The speaker works with an PTE-Exe in Bluetooth-mode . When connected to the WLAN , I can play MP3-files . A PTE-EXE can't deliver to the WLAN speaker and , as far as I know , there are no WIN10 / PTE controls to initiate that the sound of the Exe is directed to the WLAN speaker .

Perhaps somebody has an idea .

Thanks- Paul

Hi Paul

I think that's beyond my knowledge capability. My Logitech wired speakers are getting long in the tooth, which is why I responded to your original query. I did a little research after my post & I think the maximum range for Bluetooth 2 is 10m? I looked at Logitec Bluetooh replacements for my speakers. Is it not just a case of converting your exe to MP4?

Regards Rosy.

jt49 - thanks .

The standard device ist taken for Audio-output . Apparently there is no chance to define the WLAN-speaker as standard device - perhaps there is a hardware solution , I don't know of .

Regards - Paul

It will be something in your sound settings, not PTE.

What program are you using to play MP3?

Maybe that is taking over the sound.

Right click on the speaker icon in the task bar and select playback devices and see what is set. You may have to enable the wlan speaker.

Jill

Hi Paul again.

Did you get any further with your speaker? I've just been back onto the makers site & downloaded the users instructions, these are in German & English. I'm a relative newcomer to Wireless Lan & Bluetooth, but what I read seems similar to instructions I've used for my cameras, gimbal & a security camera about "pairing" in Bluetooth. Not sure about WLAN. I've attached a copy of the users guide to this post, maybe someone with more knowledge about the subject can fathom out what's happening.

Regards Rosy.

BREEZE_1__2.pdf

Hi Rosy ,

thanks again for all your help . The brochure , you sent , came with the speaker and didn't help much to answer the question how to connect the PTE-Exe to the WLAN-Speaker .

Current status : a PTE-Exe can be connected to the speaker via Bluetooth ( I had to upgrade my PC with Bluetooth) . It works well .

In WLAN-Mode , I can 'stream' MP3-files to the speaker . No chance so far to get the PTE-Exe to output sound to the WLAN-speaker.

Regards - Paul

Not wanting to hi-jack Paul's thread, but continuing in the same vein.

I mentioned in my posts in this thread that my Locitec speakers were getting long in the tooth & was thinking of replacing them. I've used Logitec products for a long time & always been happy with them.  So thinking I may be able to de-clutter my desk where my PC & monitor are mounted, I looked at their "wireless" offerings. I've always thought wireless meant no connection between the PC & the speakers, however, reading the manual for the Logitec Z207 speakers, it appears they have a 3.5mm jack which has to be plugged into my PC before initiating the Bluetooth / wireless function. It looks the same on USB powered speakers. no where does it mention removing the jack lead after intiatiting Bluetooth /Wireless.

Can anyone clirify this? I have asked Logitec support the same thing, but don't expect a swift reply. I've attached the user manual for the Z207 speakers.

Rosy.:wacko:

z207-qsg.pdf

Reading the brief manual it seems they are wired computer speakers that can also be used by your smartphone/tablet for audio output. I don't think they require a wired connection to work as a wireless speaker.

I have not watched the videos but they would probably help.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=z207+bluetooth

Tom

Hi Tom

I watched the YT video, well portions that I thought I needed to. The speakers were eventually connected to a smart phone not a PC. I then did a YT search to look for connecting wireless speakers to a PC. Eventually, I got this one, How to connect Bluetooth speaker with desktop Computer Without Bluetooth USB Adapter | Som Tips - YouTube . The video was very hard to follow (for me) & the process looks beyond my understanding. So I'm rapidly going off wireless speakers. I seem to remember in the dim & distant past having a pair of USB speakers that by passed the sound card & notorious jack connection, up to now I haven't been able to find any.

Cheers Rosy

I had my Amazon Echo connected to my PC via bluetooth for awhile but if I remember correctly Alexa would speak connected or disconnected any time the computer was restarted. Now I just use cheap USB powered speakers (that used analog audio jack) or the hdmi monitor speakers.  Some time ago I had a computer with a bad sound card and bought a USB to audio converter. They are relatively inexpensive and no driver install required.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+audio&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Tom

Thanks Tom, I'm on the case. Why I thought my current speakers were getting worn out, the last 2 shows I made the sound quality & volume was poor. Then today & was messing with the sounds on my PC & found I wasn't using the Nvidia sound card. So I've just re-configured it & tested the speakers with the test sounds & they sound OK. Will test it with a show tomorrow, too late now.

Night Night Rosy-_-

Hi Tom

Not sure my speakers are at fault, the music tracks from my last 2 shows were from a 10 year old storage HD, one was a WAV & the sound effects mono WAV. Maybe they are getting rusty, like me.:wacko: With the NVIDIA card selected the speakers were silent & can't see any way of plugging the speakers into the card.  So, working on the theory of "if it aint broke, don't fix it" I'll leave things as they are. Found something called spatial sound, but seems this is for headphones? added screen shot.

Cheers Rosy

sound screen shot.jpg