WnSoft Forums

Keyframe Moved when Style Style Applied in a certain way [SOLVED]

Barry Beckham

I also observe the same behavior of a keyframe if it is on a transition boundary (regardless of software version, v.10.0.14 and v.10.5.2 were tested). The effect of the following slides on keyframe offset is, of course, a mystery. I can only assume that this is due to the subsequent transition to the slide next to the selected four slides before we use the style.
Note that shifting the first keyframe 0.001 seconds (one way or the other) from the transition boundary solves this problem.
Tricks like this, such as decreasing the time of the last keyframe by 0.001 seconds from the end of the slide, also solve the problem of integrating a custom layer, for example, from a shorter slide to a longer one. Only then will the last keyframe preserve the original time of the shorter slide.

P.S. It can also be noted that with the same approach to the last keyframe (at the transition border), its position does not change in any way. Regardless of the presence of slides next to the selected group (to apply the style) on either side.

Paul

P.P.S If we proceed from the principle that the first keyframe should not be on the transition border, then such surprises can be avoided. But the problem for many is that you need to know about it. ))

The trouble is that many newer users of the software assume it’s something they have done wrong or there is a setting somewhere that needs their attention. The result is they are sidetracked away from the creative side of making a presentation and spend time looking for an error or mistake, that’s not there to find. Thats not fun.  

I probably spent a couple of hours investigating this before asking Barry. I do not consider it time wasted as I learned a few things along the way. This does however bear out Barry's point. It certainly sidetracked me from the project I was working on. I was very grateful for Barry's clear explanation which enabled me to get back on track.

I feel sure the Igor would like to know of any issues, no matter how small they might seem.

I also noticed a little + sign after the first couple of key frames within the transition time. I would like to know what these indicate.

Peter

Barry,

Since version 8.0 we introduced scalable key frames enabled by default for all new projects and slides. In the Slide Options you can see an option "Scale key frames in objects (on time change)" option (enabled by default).

Some users prefer an old conception of key frames with absolute time positions and possibility to link key frames at the end of current transition and beginning of next transition. And also beginning/ending of a slide. When a key frame as placed at one these 4 points you may see plus (+) sign in the timeline. For compatibility, we add an option "Scale key frames in objects (on time change)" which can be turned off.

However we highly recommended to use "Scale key frames..." mode for slides intended for a slide style. It was hard to support both conception of keyframes and provide a support for all possible combinations, especially in slide styles.

This style "4 Image and text option"  does NOT use "Scale key frames..." mode and when you apply it for your slides, PTE unticks "Scale key frames..." option for the applied slide in your project.

I recommend to modify and recreate this style and use "Scale key frames..." mode in its slide.

We'll check the code, but I'm not sure that it will be easy to fix it.

22 minutes ago, Igor said:

This style "4 Image and text option"  does NOT use "Scale key frames..." mode and when you apply it for your slides, PTE untick "Scale key frames..." option for the applied style in your project.

Igor,
Are you saying that the style in question does NOT use scaling of keyframes on time changes? Is it somehow noticeable in Barry's video?
The fact is that I recreated this style in two versions, when the checkbox is on the specified parameter, and when it is unchecked. But this does not affect the problem described in the topic if the near keyframe has a time of exactly 2 seconds.

3 minutes ago, stranger2156 said:

Are you saying that the style in question does NOT use scaling of keyframes on time changes? Is it somehow noticeable in Barry's video?

I found this style on Barry's forum here. This style doesn't use "Scale key frames..." mode.

4 minutes ago, stranger2156 said:

The fact is that I recreated this style in two versions, when the checkbox is on the specified parameter, and when it is unchecked. But this does not affect the problem described in the topic if the near keyframe has a time of exactly 2 seconds.

Please create as possible simpliest style with ticked option "Scale..." and send me it. We'll check it.

33 minutes ago, Igor said:

Please create as possible simpliest style with ticked option "Scale..." and send me it. We'll check it.

The question is removed, Igor, my experiment was not "clean" enough. The thing is, when creating the source code for the style, I had to disable the zoom checkbox in order to adjust the slide time to the last keyframe. And I made the second option on the same slide in the source, adding only the checkbox for scaling. But it doesn't work. The checkbox must be checked initially, when creating a style, and then it is better not to uncheck it, for example, to adjust the slide time. How I did it. In short, when the checkbox is checked initially when creating a style, the style works correctly and there is no keyframe offset.

Thank you for the clarification.

Thanks everyone for looking into this.

I understand Igor's recommendation 

I have to say I deliberately do NOT use scaling of key frames most of the time.

Say I am building a sequence and decide I want to add another image to a particular slide. I use the slide options to increase the slide duration and then go to add my chosen image only to find that all my carefully timed key points have been moved. This is not what I want to happen.

It looks as if I am going to have to chop and change as the situation demands which is workable but not ideal.

Peter

• Igor changed the title to Keyframe Moved when Style Style Applied in a certain way [SOLVED]