WnSoft Forums

Audio problem

AlexRoma

Hello everyone

in version 10.5 I notice that the sound is reproduced earlier (about 50 ms) than the waveform design (both in timeline and in O&A)

in version 10.0.14 the reproduced sound exactly coincides with the waveform

what can it depend on?

Hi,

Do you use MP3 music, or M4A / OGG / WMA / FLAC ?

The new version 10.5 correctly shows waveforms and perform audio synchronization for M4A / OGG / WMA / FLAC files. Earlier version 10.0.x skipped first 50 ms of an audio file. In v10.5 PTE plays an audio file from very beginning. Although 50 ms is not a large delay that hard to hear.

For projects saved in earlier version 10.0.x you need to correct keypoints manually in the Timeline view.

If you used only MP3/WAV files, there should be no difference between v10.0.14 and 10.5.

Also you can clear the cache of audio waveforms, by deleting this folder:

C:\Users\YouComputerName\AppData\Local\WnSoft-WaveCache

Stranger2156, i am not using audio from a video

Igor, i am using wav files. it is true, it is not a huge problem. the strange thing is that the problem doesn't always arise and I don't understand why ...

i will try to clear the cache even if, the last time i did, waveforms of all audio tracks were showing "error"...

it's really weird... I can hear the "full" sound only if I start the playback before the point 00: 02.970.
if, for example, I start playback from 00: 02.980, I hear only the final part of the sound (release).
With version 10.0.14 I can hear all the sound even by starting playback a few milliseconds before the start of the sound.
As we said it is a very small problem. It was just a curiosity...

I compared both versions 10.0.14 and 10.5.1 and hear no difference with my simple project based on your WAV audio.

I click Preview button to play the show from beginning.

Do you observe this problem if encode a MP4 video? In both versions. 

Probably other members can check this project?

1 hour ago, AlexRoma said:

I can hear the "full" sound only if I start the playback before the point 00: 02.970.
if, for example, I start playback from 00: 02.980

I confirm. At 10.0.14, the beginning of the sound coincides with the time of 3.00 seconds, which also corresponds to the sound wave. In 10.5.2, the beginning of the sound starts at 2.75 seconds, i.e. 0.25 sec earlier.

I zoomed in to thousandths of milliseconds and picked up the sound start time by ear.
P.S. There was a typo in the previous message, the sound start time in 10.5.2 was 2.975, i.e. 0.025 sec earlier. By and large, this is a very insignificant displacement of sound, visually and aurally almost invisible.

2021-04-29_202034.jpg

My observations: In the attached project we should not hear the sound, as it's position is behind the last slide. In the Preview (not in all but in most cases) I can hear the sound. In the Mini Player (not in all but in most cases) the cursor stops not reaching the end point (see image). Nevertheless I can hear the sound. This happens in V9, V10.0.14, and V10.5.1

testWAV--mod06.zip

Timeline.thumb.png.a359cff7b24d0c08bb4699116d7ef580.png

Excellent observation jt49. We shouldn't hear the sound.
Clearly the problem is almost irrelevant in most cases. I only noticed this because I'm trying to sync some audio files containing speech with a person's lip in a video. In this case also the fractions of a second are relevant...

• 3 weeks later...