WnSoft Forums

Text Object

When a text object is created in the O&A window, if the word text is selected and over written with copied and paste text it always seems to add an extra blank line which has to be removed with the backspace key. Is there any way to stop that extra line being added please?

PTE AV Studio 10.5.1

Geoff

could be the way you are copying it - make sure you only select to the last character & not the whole line

I have not had this problem & currently doing a lot of copy & paste.

Jill

Hi Jill

I always make sure that I only copy the characters needed. I would suggest that it probably is adding that line but it's only noticeable if you have a text shadow attached to the text object. I use cove - shallow. If after copying and pasting two lines of text into the text entry window the cursor is flashing under the second line then a blank line is being added. If the cursor is below the text hit backspace and you will see the text object shrink by one line.

Geoff

I tried this just out of interest and could not duplicate the reported problem.

1. Copied Text from source.

2. Add Text Object - the word Text is already highlighted.

3. Paste Text - The cursor remains at the end of the line of text pasted.

(Windows 10)

Thanks davegee must be something peculiar to me the although goodness knows what I've tried all sorts of things and always get the same result.

Update

It's something to do with the formatting of the original word document I'm copying from as it doesn't happen when copy and pasting from a plain text document, so my problem and nothing to do with PTE :-)