WnSoft Forums

How to align a one-line text

Good morning everyone,

I'm trying to enter a one-line text by scrolling it from left to right but I don't understand how to align the text.

It's very easy to make text appear from a central point, using zoom functions but it doesn't seem to work if I wanto to start from a point and scroll left to right; any suggestion.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Ugo Malasomma

Yes, Pro version. I would certainly recommend it.

If you want the text to move from right to left, then reverse the positions of the two Keyframes.

2 minutes ago, macian said:

Yes, Pro version. I would certainly recommend it.

If you want the text to move from right to left, then reverse the positions of the two Keyframes.

Of course, thank you Macian for your kindness; I'll try it later (I'm a new user and so I need time to test all the new functions) !

More, I'll follow your suggestion; I'll do the upgrade to the pro version.

Thanks again.

Regards

As an add on, when you set text to scroll either right to left visa versa or up or down, got to the properties tab in the objects & animation screen, at the top right you will see a minus 100 setting, sharper smoother, change this to 200 + which will make the text flow smoother.

Cheers

Rosy Cheeks

Greetings Rosy,

I gave this a try. But all I see is that the text get fuzzier (less sharp). Does not seem to affect the 'flow'. I tried '500' to exaggerate the effect and it just get very fuzzy.

Does this really affect the 'flow'?

Gary

3 hours ago, rosy said:

As an add on, when you set text to scroll either right to left visa versa or up or down, got to the properties tab in the objects & animation screen, at the top right you will see a minus 100 setting, sharper smoother, change this to 200 + which will make the text flow smoother.

Cheers

Rosy Cheeks

I tried this and it made no discernible difference to the smoothness of the movement of the text.

9 hours ago, rosy said:

Cheers

Rosy Cheeks

Juddering scrolling text was an old chestnut with  PTE, you may not see a difference in scrolling one line of text, but try scrolling a full page. It works for me & always has. Could be something to do with hardware acceleration? Mine is off permanently.;)

Rosy.

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 11:46 PM, rosy said:

Juddering scrolling text was an old chestnut with  PTE, you may not see a difference in scrolling one line of text, but try scrolling a full page. It works for me & always has. Could be something to do with hardware acceleration? Mine is off permanently.;)

Rosy.

Hi Rosy, thank you for the answer but I don't won't to scroll a text. I'm just trying to allign two or more text on the left or on the right. I can't believe that is not possible to do this. Sorry for my bad english. Ciao Ugo

If you wish to align several one lines of text then set the centre to -100 & make sure that Text justification is set to Left.
Set up your first line & then copy & paste to get subsequent lines.

To scroll it across the screen, you use keyframes.

1st keyframe is the start point, 2nd keyframe is the end point.
The longer the distance between the keyframes the longer it will take to scroll.
Give it about 10 secs

I have never changed the sharper/smoother setting & have no problems with movement.
I have been using PTE for more than 15 years.

It may appear slightly jerky when viewing in O&A but should be smooth in the final exe.

Depends on the speed of your computer.

Jill

On 8/22/2021 at 9:32 PM, jkb said:

If you wish to align several one lines of text then set the centre to -100 & make sure that Text justification is set to Left.
Set up your first line & then copy & paste to get subsequent lines.

To scroll it across the screen, you use keyframes.

1st keyframe is the start point, 2nd keyframe is the end point.
The longer the distance between the keyframes the longer it will take to scroll.
Give it about 10 secs

I have never changed the sharper/smoother setting & have no problems with movement.
I have been using PTE for more than 15 years.

It may appear slightly jerky when viewing in O&A but should be smooth in the final exe.

Depends on the speed of your computer.

Jill

Thanks very much Jill for your help. I'll try your suggestion.
I have used Proshow Producer for many years but, as you know, the company has closed.
I hope that PTE is equally good and that I will be able to learn well how to use it.
Thanks again and best regards.

Ugo