WnSoft Forums

Combining complete (image-audio).pte project files

Laszlo K

This is a topic that I have approached sometimes in 2018 and at the time managed to more or less succeed. At this time I have two complex interconnecting projects that I shot in two segments and just finished  the second one that I want to connect but on the PTE timeline and not as converted video files. The audio and image timing / sync. is critical in both so I would not want to separate them.

Before I was able to have both of the projects open on the same screen but now they shut the other off, so it seems.

Would love to have a copy/insert project button.

Laszlo

Export the Audio of the Second .pte as a high quality MP3 and use the exported file in place of the original audio linked to Slide One of the second .pte.

This should maintain proper synchronisation of the audio of the second show when copied and pasted to the first.

DG

Thanks a lot. I was hoping there is path without separating the the audio, like importing the .pte file to the project.

I will do the audio track and see, still hoping for a better process

Thanks again

LK

It worked out. Saved it as Wav file since it is a project that I have saved as an HD 60p video and want to have the max quality of audio with it. I found mp3 is like jpeg you keep on loosing subtleties. The audio I used is an electric cello that has a resonance that I wanted to keep. 

Laszlo

Thanks for the help

if you link the seperate audio files to slides then you can copy & paste all the slides & the audio will go with them.

You can link audio on different tracks to the same slide.

I have done this many times when I want to copy existing projects to a new one.

Jill

Hi Jill

I have never link audio to slides maybe because I started with video before slideshows so even though they are close but the mechanics and the perception of them is somewhat different.

I didn't even think of linking audio to a slide unless the slide is on for an extended period of time.

I have series of shots in this project that are 1 to 2 second long maybe 30 of them or more (a dance sequence). Also four pieces of music on the main audio track and about 5-6 short pieces of different background noise on the secondary audio track.

So after using PTE for a while there are things I would like to see to be done and this is one of them.

DG's solution which I had done before it took me about 6 minutes to complete, so it appeared pretty quick but still I believe PTE is one of the better and stable programs that I work with so I think I can wish for a button.

But all is well:)

Thanks for your input:)

Laszlo

Linking the sound to a slide is very useful if you have it synced to that slide but then find you need to adjust the timing of any previous slides.
The sound will still stay in perfect sync with that slide when it is moved.

I have done it with many audio clips.
If you have clips that overlap, when you link the first sound will cut off when the second starts & you will lose the crossfade.
I link it temporary while copying then when pasted into the new project, unlink the sound to restore the crossfade.

It only takes a few seconds to go through & link all the clips.

The problem with DG's method is that you now only have 1 sound clip so cannot make any adjustments should you need to.

Jill

It is not my method but rather my suggestion, but nevertheless it is a tried and tested method for emergencies.

The title of this thread suggests that the sequence being copied is "complete" and as such does not require further adjustment.

It is something that Igor can possibly address in a future version.

DG

I do retain the original project folder and that includes all files involved, so if I need to readjust or rebuild the whole project I can do it within minutes.

During this existing pandemic I have rebuilt around 2 dozen projects that I had done 20 years back. Re-edit, sync and change music, aspect ratio and better output. Just having all projects in their respective folder and sub-folders it is simple.

It depends on the type of work one does. For travelogue or nature shots you can use linked audio to slides but myself I don't shoot for that.

I work out a story which sometimes take months and build the project. Most of the time I shoot for 5 hours non stop, so I have images over and above what I need. 90 % of the time I have the music to match in my head already but could not be possible to match it to any slide. It has to fit the whole project.

I have made shows of the Four Elements and when I was finished I complimented my model and said >now we are done with the Elements<. Then she said >What about the Fifth Element?<

Conclusion=I just finished with it

Laszlo