WnSoft Forums

Associating a Sound with a Transition

DS256

Hi. New to PTE but for a slide show I have a specific transition requirement. I have copied down the set of camera transitions from Camera Transitions For PTE AV Studio by Javier (thank you very much). I know want to assign the sound of a shutter closing with that transition. Except for manually adding it to each transition, I haven't found a way to make it easily repeatable. Looking for points to the PTE feature I should be using. Thanks.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:24 PM, davegee said:

You could add the sound as a video clip inside the Transition.

In its day I tried it and it did not work for me, in editing transition if it is heard but when saving the changes and applying the transition it was not heard. (I have not tried it again)

1 hour ago, tom95521 said:

just added an audio comment to each slide with the transition.

Hi Tom, this option is good to add sounds to the transition in a project, but what would go very well, would be to be able to add a sound to the transition but when you create it, so that every time you apply it you do not have to go transition through transition adding the sound.

I'm glad there was a solution that worked with a small amount of work.

There has been a suggestion in the past for a transition sound option. You might want to add your support for such a feature.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi,

We plan to enable a possibility to add audio file as a Video object in future version. It allows to include sound in a custom transition.

It's like video player software can play audio files, too.

For those who follow, here is what I've done.

As I indicated at the start, I found a collection of camera shutter transitions. I then found a camera shutter sound clip at SoundBible. However, I then found I had to do some tweaking to get everything lined up.

• The audio clip was 2 seconds but only had sound for 1 second. I had to change the slide transition time from 2 seconds to 1 second.
  • I had to add a 0:00.500 second offset in the audio clip to align with the transition with the sound.

I'm only using this custom transition for selected slides otherwise it would be a pain having to make all these adjustments for each slide.

Thanks all

Maybe a quicker way would be to set it up for one slide.
Link your sound to that slide, then copy & paste the slide however many times you need it.

As the sound is linked it will automatically copy the sound along with the slide.

You can then easily change the image on the slide to the one you want for each.

I think this would be quicker than having to adjust timings & offsets for each.

Jill