WnSoft Forums

Help to add a Video Clip to a Video

Xenofex2

I am trying to add a 22 second video clip (no audio) into a 1min 06 video. I want it to start to play at about the 25 second mark in the main Video. Point One is where this 22second video clip is placed, the Settings with an offset (No 2) is my attempt to delay the start by 25 seconds, yet with the main video stopped at nearly 28 seconds for my screenshot, my video clip is not playing.

Can anyone please tell me where I am going wrong?

George

Video Test 02.jpg

Hi Xenofex2

I had the same trouble a couple of shows ago. I had done this numerous times in the past with earlier version of PTE. I assume you have the Pro version of PTE? This link will take you to the question I asked, from that you should be able to figure it out. I would also read the on-line help about adding a video clip.

Cheers Rosy.

Addinng a video clip to a video clip.

Hi George,

I also had a similar problem recently, trying to add video with an offset.

Thought it was me doing something silly.
Like your settings, my video was also showing a duration of zero.

Maybe there is a bug somewhere that Igor needs to look at.

I ended up taking both videos out & starting again & it then worked.

Can't remember the steps to reproduce it.

Jill

Igor,

Updated and now using 10.5.2. Like Rosy, I did this month’s ago, okay only once, and despite making a note of what I did, well thought I did, I am still struggling.

In Objects & Animation, I have clicked ‘Adjust Time Range’. I then changed the Start Time to 25.083 (must admit that I am not that accurate anyway but you cannot seemingly get the time to 25.000). No idea whether this is important but the Duration tab has an up/down arrow but use this and the ‘End Time’ does not change so at first sight, the up/down arrows on this Duration tab seem pointless. I then changed the end time tab, made a screenshot and clicked okay.

The second screenshot shows immediately afterwards. The start time has reverted back to 22.083 with a duration of 0.

The ‘Avi HB’ layer I have also changed to ‘Master Video Track’ and this shows correctly, start time of 0 with an end time of 1:06:033. Click on the Avi Run Edit layer and that shows ‘Single Video Track’ with a start time of 22.083 (although had just changed (as per screenshot one), a duration of 0 and further down an Offset of 25.000. I assume thst is right?

The edited video clip I am trying to add on part of the original video has already been edited and audio removed outside of PTE so, in theory, is ‘just’ an addition of a movie clip onto a corner of the master video track. In theory.

George

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

55 minutes ago, Xenofex2 said:

In Objects & Animation, I have clicked ‘Adjust Time Range’. I then changed the Start Time to 25.083 (must admit that I am not that accurate anyway but you cannot seemingly get the time to 25.000). No idea whether this is important but the Duration tab has an up/down arrow but use this and the ‘End Time’ does not change so at first sight, the up/down arrows on this Duration tab seem pointless. I then changed the end time tab, made a screenshot and clicked okay.

Thanks for testing. But I cannot reproduce this problem which I see on 1st screenshot.

Can you record a screen video for a new test project which contains only one slide - this video file?

Igor,

Unable to use my normal screen recording that comes with Windows 10 - access Windows G.

What I have done though is to hold a digital camera in my left hand to record whilst attempting to carry out the actions with my right so is a bit jerky. Have edited and reduced file size to get below 7.81 max.

No idea if relevant but when making the adjustments the sliders under the video remain to the right.

Hope this is ok

George

George, I would adjust the video start/end times by using the pointers under the video .

The Offset time is the time into that slide that you want your video to start playing.
If your slide has a duration of 30 secs & you want this video to start playing after 20 secs, then set the offset to 00:20.00

The start time is the postion within that video that you want to start
If your video is 10 sec long but you only want it start playing at 5 secs, then set the start time ether by dragging the left hand pointer to 5 secs or type 00:05.00 in the start time.

Again if you want this video to finish before the normal end the set the end time by dragging the right hand pointer to where you wnat it to stop playing or type in the end time.

The Duration of the video will be automatically calculated.

Just make sure that the duration is long enough to be able to play all of the video. that you want

Jill

16 hours ago, Xenofex2 said:

Igor,

Unable to use my normal screen recording that comes with Windows 10 - access Windows G.

What I have done though is to hold a digital camera in my left hand to record whilst attempting to carry out the actions with my right so is a bit jerky. Have edited and reduced file size to get below 7.81 max.

No idea if relevant but when making the adjustments the sliders under the video remain to the right.

Hope this is ok

George

Hi Again Xenfex2

I think I've sussed out what is going on here, to qote some old PTE terms it's a daughter & child situation. First of all add the main video clip to the list of slides along the bottom row of the screen, with that highlighted click on the "Objects & Animation" tab. With the main clip highlighted, click on the tab below the chroma key box & chose Master Video Track. Now, this is the important bit, with the master clip highlighted, go up to the cine camera box to add your second clip. the master /parent clips should be seen off set, yours are directly above one another. See my screen shots, for a better explanation, I hope.

Rosy.

close up master track & child.jpg

close up of your screen shot.jpg

I am nearly there.

Oh thankyou both Jill & Rosy. 

I now have a rather, I think, more simple issue to resolve. The added extra video clip is visible, okay no movement, both before and after this specific video clip sequence actually plays. I have tried changing the opacity down to zero of the clip, thinking that at 25seconds (where it should start to play) the clip then becomes visible, but no.

Here, in the screenshot below, you can see that at nearly 2seconds into the video, my inset is visible. It should be zero opacity until it starts to run at 25 seconds.

Do I actually need to add keyframes or is there another box that I have not ticked?

George

Static 01.jpg

You need to familiarise your self with the key frames feature. Your screen shot only shows 1 key frame marker for the added clip. You can have as many key frame markers as you need to control the start & stop times & opacity.

Rosy.

Rosy,

Yes I am okay with keyframes but guess 'assumed' - (yes I know it makes an 'ass of u and me'), really the 'me' part, but thought by just setting the times it would be automatic. However, I have just added extra keyframes and I have got there. So many thanks.

George

Master, linked video clips do not need to be parent/child.

You would only use parent/child if you want the parent to move and the child to follow.

Opacity is not inherited so you can't use it for that.

Also you only need to use master, linked if you want the same video to run over multiple slides. It is the same video that is linked to itself over the multiple slides.

Hope you have now got it working George, using keyframes to bring up the inset video at the point you want.

If you are still stuck then send me the files and I can go through it with you.

Jill