WnSoft Forums

Audio Track-waveform Error

Hello everybody, many of my projects have the problem that, in the timeline, the waveform is not displayed and the message Error appears. The solution of deleting the contents of the folder 'WnSoft-WaveCache' does not work. Audio files are not locked by other programs. I would like to avoid renaming and importing the over 400 audio files again... 
Igor, in https://www.pteavstudio.com/forums/topic/22909-audio-track-shows-error-solved/?tab=comments#comment-147114 you were talking about introducing a button to clear the cache.

In a future version a function could be inserted that "forces" pte to redraw the waveform

Hi,

What version of PTE you use?

Deleting of WnSoft-WaveCache folder should definitely help. Usually this folder is located here: C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Local\WnSoft-WaveCache\

I recommend to restart Windows before deleting WnSoft-WaveCache folder.

If I use one of the audio files in a new project, the waveform is perfectly visible. 

Even if I rename the files in windows and replace the files in the old project, the waveform is recreated, but doing this work for hundreds of files ...

The most likely file links in audio clips in your original project are broken.

Check .pte project file in Notepad, try to find one audio file and check its file path.

You can send me this .pte file and 1-2 audio files. I'll check it.

I found an interesting trick ... I rename the folder where the audio files are stored. Then I open the PTE project and, in the window that warns that it has not found some files, I indicate the new name of the folder with the audio files... and all the waveforms become visible again...