WnSoft Forums

First Show

RayArt

Hi Folks,

It had been quite a long time since I made a slideshow, and this is my first time using PTE Studio 10.  With the help of Barry Beckham's amazing tutorials, this is my first show.  Comments, suggestions and any help would be good.  Many thanks Ray

https://youtu.be/sykHAaT7yK4

Good morning RayArt, I have played through your show a couple of times and I much enjoyed it.

You have bravely asked for comments and suggestions– so here goes!

As I said it is an enjoyable show but it leaves me wanting more information (but that's just me.) I would like to know the location of these structures, especially the Gaudy-like church.

Animations: At 2:20 you have brought some portrait-format images over a background image, which works well. However, they come to a sudden stop, which is a bit jarring. As they enter from off-screen it might be better to set the animation speed modifier to "Slow down." Likewise for similar animations at 3:25.

There is a strange fade form one slide to a very similar one at about 3:03/5 which is confusing and does not add anything to the flow.

You have made good use of masks at the 3:56 to 4:05 point.

Finally, for now, congratulations on your first show. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Kind regards, Ian McIntosh

Hi Ian,

Many thanks for your feedback, most welcome.  Thank you for taking the time to watch my slideshow.  I have made a note of the alterations you have suggested and will incorporate them into the show.  Once done I will repost.  I am very grateful for your help.

Thank you,

Ray  

I looked up the location and found it most interesting.

Another point – a bit nit-picking, I suppose but when transitioning from a colour image to its monochrome version (or vice versa), I would try to keep them aligned.

Hi Folks,

Following suggestions I have edited my first video and also made a Part 2.  Do please take a look and let me know what you think.  As before, comments, suggestions and ideas most welcome.  Many thanks, Ray