WnSoft Forums

How Are Styles Archived ?

Jimcamel

I did just finish a project I was working on for about a week - and I've archived it to a .zip.  I even moved it over to my MacPro from my Mini to test re-opening and rendering it...but my question is "How are Styles and Themes used in a project encoded in the .zip".   Are they rendered/reduced to an atomic 'animation' such that the original Style/Theme is no longer editable or is the Theme/Style (esp if a custom or 3rd party) somehow embedded in the .pte file.

The relevance here is that after completing a project I want to put it all away with everything that was used to build it so I could revise it if necessary.  The original files on the drive system might get deleted or moved - so having them in the archive is important ... but what else is in there - and how is it stored ?

6 hours ago, Jimcamel said:

my question is "How are Styles and Themes used in a project encoded in the .zip".   Are they rendered/reduced to an atomic 'animation' such that the original Style/Theme is no longer editable ,,.............

Yes, after applying a Style the Style is no longer required for the purposes of opening and closing a project or for zipping a project. The style would not be embedded in the .pte or the .zip.

DG